Photo in Nat Geo Lookin' Good....

• Members

3600-kenlee_bristleconepine-2014-07-15-0054-128sf71iso640-1000px-bestschulman.jpg

Looks like this photo is getting in to a National Geographic book later in the year! Cross your fingers! It would really be cool to get a long exposure night sky photo in Nat Geo. I don't think they always have a lot of those. Anyway, thank you so much for the support and props a while back. I think it may have really helped push this over!

• Members

Thanks. It's looking good. When they sent me the photo asking if I wanted my photo included in the Nat Geo book, I noticed that they had already renamed it with something like "Page 209-210" or something like that appended to it, and they said that they would send more information about payment later on, so it seems like it's a go. But with anything, you never know until you know. :D

Did you see my lucky shot on Facebook the other day Ken? There was a big bright rainbow outside late Friday after the storm, and I went out and took a picture of it... and a second later, a hummingbird started flying around me - I fired off two more shots just hoping to get both the rainbow and the rapidly darting bird in the same frame - and I got the bird centered in the rainbow.

Compared to your work and the thought and effort that goes into it it's an embarrassment, but sometimes the key to a good shot is just showing up and being in the right place at the right time... ;)

Raw / uncropped / unprocessed...

fetch?filedataid=117078

• Members
Did you see my lucky shot on Facebook the other day Ken? There was a big bright rainbow outside late Friday after the storm, and I went out and took a picture of it... and a second later, a hummingbird started flying around me - I fired off two more shots just hoping to get both the rainbow and the rapidly darting bird in the same frame - and I got the bird centered in the rainbow.

Compared to your work and the thought and effort that goes into it it's an embarrassment, but sometimes the key to a good shot is just showing up and being in the right place at the right time... ;)

Raw / uncropped / unprocessed...

fetch?filedataid=117078

That's excellent! Great elements!!!

Archived