Streaming Video Capture - How To? (and Sylvia Massy Live Lecture)

• CMS Author

I want to watch an on-line lecture live, but if I understand the schedule correctly (there's something odd about it) it's several hours long over two days. I'd like to be able to capture it and watch it in pieces when I have time but I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible or practical. Maybe I already have something on the computer (Windoze) that will do it, or maybe there's some freeware or cheapware that I could use. Any sugestions? $79 buys access to the stream any time, but I'm a cheapskate.

Some of you might be interested in watching it, too. It's a talk by Sylvia Massy, mostly, I think, about being Sylvia Massy, who has had a very busy engineering career, collects vintage gear (prized as well as junk), and believes that the most important part of having a successful session is to find what works and go for it.

Check out the class (and don't forget to look at the console)

SylviaWebPic2.jpg

• Members

I use Replay Video Capture for doing both video tutorials as well as occasional video screen capture. It can do a section of screen, which can be very helpful. It's pretty flexible -- one of the few screen capture tools I've seen with reasonable flexibility as to how you either capture or record the audio (which can be tricky for tutorials if you don't want to use your device's default mic/sound on some).

It's not free, but cheap enough at $40 (there's also a suite of programs for $80 that might be useful for some folks). There's a free trial, not sure of the restrictions.

http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/

Archived