A World Without Music?

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

ACK! I can't imagine it. But then, you can't stop the music in my head (I can't even stop it).

In my entire life, I've only met one person who didn't like music at all (not counting people who can't hear). Humans have been making music at least since we lived in caves. I don't think there is a society of humans on Earth that doesn't have some kind of musical culture.

Imagine there's no music, it's difficult if you try

No crickets below us, silent birds in the sky

Imagine all the instruments, never saying "Hi"?

You might think that is torture

you're not the only one

Pick up your axe and join me

Let's play and have some fun

(With apologies to Mr. Lennon)

• Members

As a musician (and more specifically a drummer) it is hard for me to not to identify with almost anything in terms of musical patterns. If I hear something like a machine running, it will typically remind me of a particular beat which in turn will remind me of a specific song.

It is almost as bad as voices in my head!

D

As a musician (and more specifically a drummer) it is hard for me to not to identify with almost anything in terms of musical patterns. If I hear something like a machine running, it will typically remind me of a particular beat which in turn will remind me of a specific song.

It is almost as bad as voices in my head!

D

I hear rhythmic patterns in all sorts of things like that on a regular basis. It's never really bothered me - it's just the way I perceive things.

Archived