Poor Kanye West

Phil O'Keefe

Says he's 53 million in debt, and wants Mark Zuckerberg to invest 1 billion dollars in his ideas.

Maybe The Life Of Pablo, his new album, will restore his finances? He wants all his fans to sign up to Tidal so they can hear it - it's only available there as an exclusive at the moment; at least for another week. Maybe he shouldn't limit its exposure to one failing streaming service if he needs the money so badly.

He also says he's the greatest artist of all time. I've seen plenty of examples of artistic arrogance over the years, but IMHO this guy's in the running for worst ever in that regard.

Here's a link to the news story.

And here's an example of his artistic excellence.

• Members

Honestly, I hope this new ploy tanks him. If I were called on to rank artists over the history, he'd be lumped into the worst.

I had the great pleasure of turning the channel during Saturday Night Live this past Saturday. His 'performance' was absolutely horrible and absurd.

I am also personal friends with Taylor Swift's PR manager, and there was absolutely NO agreement about his recent song with his off kilter comments about Taylor in the song.

In my opinion, is he not a artist worth his weight in salt, but he isn't a worthy human worth his weight in oxygen.

D

Honestly, I hope this new ploy tanks him. If I were called on to rank artists over the history, he'd be lumped into the worst.

I had the great pleasure of turning the channel during Saturday Night Live this past Saturday. His 'performance' was absolutely horrible and absurd.

I am also personal friends with Taylor Swift's PR manager, and there was absolutely NO agreement about his recent song with his off kilter comments about Taylor in the song.

In my opinion, is he not a artist worth his weight in salt, but he isn't a worthy human worth his weight in oxygen.

D

They have the Grammy acceptance speech she made up on MSN. She dissed Kayne pretty hard without even mentioning his name. Good for her!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/grammy/taylor-swift-disses-kanye-west-without-naming-kanye-west/ar-BBpy43z?li=BBnb7Kz

• Members
Says he's 53 million in debt, and wants Mark Zuckerberg to invest 1 billion dollars in his ideas.

Maybe The Life Of Pablo, his new album, will restore his finances? He wants all his fans to sign up to Tidal so they can hear it - it's only available there as an exclusive at the moment; at least for another week. Maybe he shouldn't limit its exposure to one failing streaming service if he needs the money so badly.

He also says he's the greatest artist of all time. I've seen plenty of examples of artistic arrogance over the years, but IMHO this guy's in the running for worst ever in that regard.

Here's a link to the news story.

And here's an example of his artistic excellence.

Everyone is talented in some regard so its a silly conversation. Most white 45 and older will say one of The Beatles or Jimmy Page or Freddie Mercury. Depending on who you talk to, you get different answers. Ones culture/background difinitely dictates the answer you`ll get.

Todays youth have more access to more music but most are not looking for music from 40-50 years ago and the fact that artists like Beyonce and Kanya do get so much media attention will lead youngsters to think they are the most talented.

I think we can all agree that Kanya is an ass though.

• Members
What we have here is a obvious result of long time use of mind-altering chemicals.

I've known a lot of druggies over the years. I've known only a tiny handful of people with the sort of distorted personality and delusions that KW manifests. And some of them simply didn't use drugs or alcohol. Now, for sure, dangerous, destructive drugs may well be part of KW's situation -- cocaine can be a particularly warping drug over the long term, for those who can afford it, as can the cheaper forms of go-fast drugs like meth -- but this seems decidedly more than just that. (That said, knowing absolutely nothing about KW or his drug habits, if any, it may simply be that he's taken more of some drug or other than anyone I've come across before. He certainly goes through a lot of money.)

Or maybe it's just delusions of grandeur and narcissism run amok. :idea:

http://www.shrinktank.com/a-psycholo...on-kanye-west/

KW seems like the poster boy for self-esteem metastacized into something really, really nasty -- and perhaps even existentially threatening.

I honestly believe the 'self-esteem movement' had a lot of good things to do for people -- but real self-esteem has to be grounded in reality -- and informed by real self-insight and discipline in order to be a positive force in someone's life. Seems to me.

• Members

I'd think so. That is an expensive woman to keep. But she's as intellectual as he is.

Only yesterday I came across a KW quote so ludicrous I had to fact-check it...

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books."

This, despite the fact his mother was a full professor and dept. chair of English at Chicago State University.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kanyebooks.asp

• Members

He claims this is what it took to make this current album! Really? 53 Million? Do you know what you can do with 53 Million these days?

He described the $53M as his personal debt. But it's a little unclear precisely what he meant. Here's Vanity Faire attempting to break it down; they see his debt as stemming from his mostly failed excursions into the fashion biz...

Kanye West’s $53 Million Debt, Explained

It’s hard to get good counsel, especially for celebrities. “Musicians get terrible advice. They surround themselves with people who are fans or wannabe musicians who couldn’t make it on the stage so they became accountants or attorneys,” said Jane King, a money manager at Fairfield Financial Advisors, who works with clients in the entertainment industry. “It’s an ego tip, because artists have plenty of money to get into other businesses. But has anyone done a five-year projection of what the bottom line will be? I doubt it.”

But with West, however, one suspects this isn’t the case. On one level, his exorbitant debt does not appear cause for real financial concern. Instead of financing his creative side projects through his main money-making artery—each concert on his 2013-2014 Yeezus tour reportedly grossed $1 million, according toForbes, which, along with a spate of successful albums, helped him bring in a total of $72 million pre-tax over the last three years—West is presumably seeking funding through bank loans or venture partners. Most of the world's sophisticated investors separate their personal assets and savings from their venture funds. This, in some ways, explains how Donald Trump could file for bankruptcy multiple times and remain a billionaire. And it also suggests how Silicon Valley venture capitalist could elevate—and, in some cases, inflate—the value of various tech companies while carrying little of the personal risk themselves.

Archived