Weird error message when posting -- what does it mean?

Notes_Norton

• Members

For the past couple of days, when I post I occasionally get this error message in a pop-up box:

Error while saving content: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 20 of the JSON data

I have no idea what JSON is or what he is doing here? Is it someone named Jason who doesn't like the letter A? Is it J's son? And why is he messing with my posts? ;)

The posts get posted so I'm not in the least bit frustrated, just curious.

Notes

• Members

Norton:

It is being worked on.

We are unsure what is causing this, but it is being investigated and will be corrected.

Incidentally, when you get the error, your post was actually made (or "stuck"). If you refresh the screen, you fill find the post is there.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

D

• Members

sucks, I cannot comment or quoite, and can't put line breaks in posts and when I hit post reply button I get a node error screen and have to log out and log back in ... Win7- IE11, has been going on for a while, Win8.1/IE11 has no issues

• Members

I've been getting the same error lately. It looks like my posts don't post, so at first I would hit reply again and it would say I already replied. And then refreshed the page and sure enough my post did indeed post. So it doesn't seem to be interrupting anything, but just an annoyance. Now I just close the error box, refresh and my post is there.

• Members
Norton:

It is being worked on.

We are unsure what is causing this, but it is being investigated and will be corrected.

Incidentally, when you get the error, your post was actually made (or "stuck"). If you refresh the screen, you fill find the post is there.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

D

Thanks for working on it. I don't mean to be pressuring you or anything like that, but I've never seen an error message like that one before. I was just curious about what that message means -- not that I definitely would be able to understand the answer ;)

Notes

• Members
I am hoping that it has been corrected!

Nope.

Been getting this error message very time I post a reply for about a week now:

Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Invalid character

It posts the reply, but acts like it has not.

There have also been a couple of other random errors when posting. This one has been the most common.

• Members

Now the above one, quoting you, posted just fine. My follow-up post to mention that resulted in an error message saying: "Error loading post." And come to think of it, I am relatively certain that this is the error message that I received for the other three attempts that resulted in failure.

• Members

Now the above one, quoting you, posted just fine. My follow-up post to mention that resulted in an error message saying: "Error loading post" several times.

And come to think of it, I am relatively certain that this is the error message that I received for the other three attempts that resulted in failure.

Archived