New Site Is Up

• Members

Well, after 3 years of using WordPress, it was time to move on to something a bit more intuitive and easy. I did lots of research and kept coming back to SquareSpace (SS).

I finally bit the bullet earlier this month and have put up a simple "cover", "contact", and an "about" page for now. I`m pretty satisfied with the results so far and I have to say that SquareSpace really has their act together as far as support. For someone who is really clueless with domain names, storage, building and maintaining a site, SS makes it really amazingly simple to do this.

They have videos on just about every subject and when I contacted SS for some help around 8p EST the other night, someone was assisting me within a minute. So I`m really happy so far with the move.

I`ll most likely build up the site with some video/photo pages, blog, etc… but for now, I think it does the job.

Check it out: www.ernestbuckleymusic.com.

• Members
Glad to see it's working for you' date=' Ernest! [img']http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/core/images/smilies/thu.gif[/img] Looks great!

Blue,

Thanks for all your help throughout the last 2-3 years. It just so happens that my old domain name is expiring in 4 days so this seemed like the perfect time to start new. I also changed the name, adding "music" after my name.

Have you checked out SquareSpace for your clientele? It pretty much handles domain names, storage, and web design all under one roof. Thought you might be interested.

Thanks again,

EB

• Members

Blue,

Thanks for all your help throughout the last 2-3 years. It just so happens that my old domain name is expiring in 4 days so this seemed like the perfect time to start new. I also changed the name, adding "music" after my name.

Have you checked out SquareSpace for your clientele? It pretty much handles domain names, storage, and web design all under one roof. Thought you might be interested.

Thanks again,

EB

Of course. It's been around for some years now. It can be a good, menu-driven choice for those whose needs it can meet. As I recall it's got integrated e-commerce functions, too. Another similar, more e-commerce oriented option is Shopify -- although it's considerably more complex and anything beyond template swapping customization tends to require both web coding skills and specific knowledge of the Shopify system.

• Members

It's a clean looking site Ernest. To be honest, I've never heard any of your music and I haven't much time to explore it tonight.

But I listened to "Go".

And that song absolutely ROCKS!!!!! WOW!!!!

Excellent song! Excellent playing! Excellent production values!!

Looking forward to listening to all of those songs this weekend when I'm rested up and have access to a libation or two.

Did I tell you that song ROCKS?

WoW!

• Members
It's a clean looking site Ernest. To be honest, I've never heard any of your music and I haven't much time to explore it tonight.

But I listened to "Go".

Looking forward to listening to all of those songs this weekend when I'm rested up and have access to a libation or two.

WoW!

Thanks Alamo,

Those 10 songs are from my first album entitled "Be Your Own" released in 2007. Grab a beer, sit back and press play mate. Better yet, put on some phones and enjoy the ear candy.

:philthumb:

EB

• Members

But I listened to "Go".

WoW!

Nice. I like the pic of the mixing desk

AlamoJoe, Ernest was kind enough to send me a copy of his CD a few years ago (I think I sent him one of mine in exchange). He is rather good, isn't he?

Ernest is a fine talent and a real pro! :thu:

• Members

Thanks Alamo,

Those 10 songs are from my first album entitled "Be Your Own" released in 2007. Grab a beer, sit back and press play mate. Better yet, put on some phones and enjoy the ear candy.

:philthumb:

EB

Well...Personally I prefer Scotch...But if yer buyin'..........Hell, I may not be the most polite guy you ever met, but far be it for me to insult a man with cold cash and Earnest Intentions...

Archived