Seamless Looping Software is hard to find nowadays.

rasputin1963

• Members

Back in the 'Oughts when I was making custom SF2 and SFZ files, I used to use a little auxiliary proggie called ZERO-X to achieve my seamless loops. Nowadays, when SONAR talks about loops, what they mean is Groove Clips, which can scale up and down in both pitch and tempo.

But what I need is something like a ZERO-X, which actually lets you view your waveform microscopically, delicately adjusting the join-point on both sides, so you can make a loop which sonically makes a seamless join with no "hiccups" at the join point. In other words, it's not about creating dance-loops, it's about making a sonically seamless join, independent of tempo or pitch. Sometimes ZERO-X could suggest several "candidates" for possible seamless looping points.

My old ZERO-X software is from about 2001 and no longer works well on WINDOWS 10 x64.

Do you know of any modern proggie that can do this delicate loop seaming?

• CMS Author

My old ZERO-X software is from about 2001 and no longer works well on WINDOWS 10 x64.

Do you know of any modern proggie that can do this delicate loop seaming?

No, but I'll bet that's not the only program you wish you could still use. Consider buying another computer and run Windows XP or Windows 7 on it. Don't fuss with dual boots, just make yourself a computer that's dedicated to obsolete software. Put a Firewire card in it and you can use some obsolete hardware, too. Keep it off the Internet and there's no need to worry about getting hacked or having unplanned upgrades installed.

All your friends will be jealous and will want one, too.

• Members

No, but I'll bet that's not the only program you wish you could still use. Consider buying another computer and run Windows XP or Windows 7 on it. Don't fuss with dual boots, just make yourself a computer that's dedicated to obsolete software. Put a Firewire card in it and you can use some obsolete hardware, too. Keep it off the Internet and there's no need to worry about getting hacked or having unplanned upgrades installed.

+1

All your friends will be jealous and will want one, too.

My friends are. wink.png

Seriously, this thread could be called, "Good Operating Systems Are Hard to Find Nowadays." Depends on how you're looking at it. I will never understand this endless migration from perfectly good OS's to buggy inferior ones just because MS or someone says "It's Time." Well, yes I understand it as far as the psychology of it goes... I just refuse to play. I see today'

s musicians/engineers pretty much living like refugees. No one has a country.

Use Win XP SP2 and ZERO-X... problem solved!

I will never be any company or vendor sponsored web site's favorite member because I mostly ignore trends and use 40-year-old-gear, and 15-year-old software and OS's are like yesterday to me. If the only reason to go from XP to Vista to 7 to 8 to 10 is so people at Microsoft can keep their jobs, that's not good enough reason for me. Hell I use Adobe Audition 2.0 and would be perfectly happy with Cool Edit Pro. smile.png We (meaning most everyone but me) don't even fully get to explore and maximize the OS and programs they have before we feel this social pressure to keep up with the Joneses and move, "Forward." I don't feel that, but I never have. It takes practice though.

Windows 10? I don't think I will even live long enough to be interested in ever using it, and I'm going to live for a long time.

Archived