Rank Stupidity

Mark L

• Members

Just been doing some research on this guitar that I own, after completing a successful set-up. I got it (won it in a songwriting contest, actually) in 2004 or 2005. Apparently it was made in Nashville in 2004

I always thought it was a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special with Humbuckers. Today I discovered that it is, in fact, a Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Humbuckers. How stupid can you be? For 11 years I've not known what guitar I've been using on my recordings. What a tool I am!

Is it just me (I suspect it is), or has anyone else out there been this stupid?

Here's some info on the guitar if anyone is even remotely interested: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-faded-electric-guitar-with-humbuckers

• Members

Always nice to see that your axe has qualities and features you didn't appreciate at first. I'm just getting into the world of VST sidechaining, and seeing that this particular niche of electronic music production is loaded with possibilities.

I'd love it if you could include for us here a soundbyte of you just playing that guitar solo, so we can hear just what its character is.

• Members

Besides, aren't there about 38,000 different models of Les Pauls? You've made some killer songs with that one. Calling yourself stupid over that little over sight is gross overkill. Put your wife on here. If she's anything like mine she'll have any number of examples to cite concerning reasons why that's a molehill you're making a mountain out of..

• Members

My wife won't be posting on here. I keep her locked in the attic....unless I'm recording, of course

I'm not selling it. Especially now that I know it's not a Junior. I don't usually form attachments to gear, but I think I'm slowly bonding with this little old LP. Must be getting soft in my middle age

I think I'd better check my Sandberg bass. After all, it might just be a Rick 4003...

• Members

I always thought it was a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special with Humbuckers. Today I discovered that it is, in fact, a Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Humbuckers. How stupid can you be?

But ain't it grand to discover your stupidity was in your favor? It could have been worse. You could have discovered it was a cheap Chinese knock-off.

And speaking of wives, I was married to the wrong person for 20 years. How stupid is that? Or did I leave behind the right person I had built a relationship with for 20 years? That would be even stupider. Only time will tell the depth and breadth of our personal stupidities! I can't wait... they're actually getting so stupid I can laugh about them almost right away now. ;)

Archived