Gibson Retreats on 2016 Guitar Models, Prices, Self-Tuning

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

Truth or Rumor? (from the Reverb Music blog)

"It seems the higher-ups at Gibson USA have finally heard the outcry of the guitar playing public over the 2015 model line-up. According to information recently made available, the classic American builder detailed a general lowering of prices for the 2016 models as well as an abandonment of 2015 design changes including the controversial G-Force automatic tuning systems.

The price points on the 2016 models will be roughly 20-25% lower than 2015, and comparable to the 2014 catalog. The Les Paul Standard is reported to carry a new price of $2799 while a new SG Standard will list for $1199."

Hope Craig still has a job. wink.png

You know what the number one thing that kept me from even considering buying a 2015 Gibson? It certainly wasn't the G-Force tuners. I have a 2013 with Min-ETune, and I'm a believer - it's a very useful and cool tool, even if you're like me and have perfect pitch and already know how to tune a guitar. No, for me, the deal-breaker was the wider nut width. I have SMALL hands, and I am very sensitive to neck dimensions. If it's too big, it will be too uncomfortable to play. Outside of that, I have no problem with the 2015 models, and would have been quite tempted by a couple of them otherwise.

The price difference will be nice too, but that was less of an impediment. I'm willing to pay a bit more to get something really special. :)

• CMS Author

Actually, that's what the Reverb article said, not me. I forgot to put quotes around it in my post, but I hate posts that are nothing but a link and don't give me any idea of whether to read it or not. I'll correct this.

And, yes, I realize that the first thing you read on the Internet is usually at least partially accurate but also usually incomplete.

• CMS Author
I think that's rare for a company to publicly change course across the entire product line' date='[/quote']

Just Yesterday, McDonald's said they would begin offerig breakfast items all day. It's what the customers want, and besides, the company hasn't been doing well lately. Maybe a selling a few more McMuffins every day will get them back in the black.

Just Yesterday, McDonald's said they would begin offerig breakfast items all day. It's what the customers want, and besides, the company hasn't been doing well lately. Maybe a selling a few more McMuffins every day will get them back in the black.

I think it's a great move on their part, but then again, I love McMuffins.

• Members

I've been complaining about this for years. They did offer all day breakfast for a time, then discontinued it. It's major discrimination to those working odd shifts, and us mcmuffin junkies.

• Members

Well great. That's just great. I have successfully avoided the ClownShop for any reason but breakfast for decades. Now they will have a reason to pull me into their drive thru's 24/7!

McMuffin's, McBagel's, McGriddles, Bacon.egg and cheese Biscuits....I'm screwed...So very screwed..

And I literally got my best blood pressure readings in over 2 years yesterday. Normal.

Curse thee Clown!

Archived