Has it really been 10 years ?

• Members

Time flies…. its been a rough 10 years here at HC. Many times I have given up on this forum. Things are starting to look up for once so I stop in everyday and try to post. Happy Anniversary? I guess….

• Members

5 years of going up, then 5 years of going down. Knowing what I know about modulation waveforms... :)

I went to the Frankfurt Musikmesse for Gibson. All people wanted to talk about was the Harmony Central acquisition. Same at Summer NAMM. No one wanted Harmony Central to die. Where we got really lucky is that Henry Juszkiewicz was one of those people, and he had the means and desire to do something about it.

We are under no illusion that we still have a ways to go. But all indicators are up - traffic, time spent on page, engagement, every single metric. Advertisers are coming back. People who gave up on Harmony Central years ago are emailing Dendy to get their passwords reset. Authors, old and new, are contributing some great articles. Nucleus is working hard on fixing the tech glitches.

It would be really nice if Team HC could take credit for this. But we're just sitting in the passenger seat with the map. The reality is that Harmony Central is its own entity and is bigger than all of us. The community is what made it strong, and the community pulling together is bringing it back.

There were days before Gibson when this forum would be lucky to get a couple posts a day. Then it started getting 10. Then 20. Now there are some days we've had 30. We haven't hit the 50-100 posts we used to get in a day...but we're heading in the right direction.

Gibson didn't acquire HC to give it a decent burial. :)

P.S. to Dan - sorry I didn't get to see more of you at NAMM, everyone wanted to talk to me about HC!!

• Members
5 years of going up, then 5 years of going down. Knowing what I know about modulation waveforms... :)

I went to the Frankfurt Musikmesse for Gibson. All people wanted to talk about was the Harmony Central acquisition. Same at Summer NAMM. No one wanted Harmony Central to die. Where we got really lucky is that Henry Juszkiewicz was one of those people, and he had the means and desire to do something about it.

We are under no illusion that we still have a ways to go. But all indicators are up - traffic, time spent on page, engagement, every single metric. Advertisers are coming back. People who gave up on Harmony Central years ago are emailing Dendy to get their passwords reset. Authors, old and new, are contributing some great articles. Nucleus is working hard on fixing the tech glitches.

It would be really nice if Team HC could take credit for this. But we're just sitting in the passenger seat with the map. The reality is that Harmony Central is its own entity and is bigger than all of us. The community is what made it strong, and the community pulling together is bringing it back.

There were days before Gibson when this forum would be lucky to get a couple posts a day. Then it started getting 10. Then 20. Now there are some days we've had 30. We haven't hit the 50-100 posts we used to get in a day...but we're heading in the right direction.

Gibson didn't acquire HC to give it a decent burial. :)

P.S. to Dan - sorry I didn't get to see more of you at NAMM, everyone wanted to talk to me about HC!!

That's really good to know. This forum in particular has always had something others didn't. The only reason I'm even on HC is because I followed SSS from MusicPlayer. I've primarily frequented this forum and another site that was analog oriented. That other site has gone to the dogs, so this and facebook about covers my online social networking.

I hope things keep looking up and would like to see more of the old members come back. There's an interesting mix of background and character here that just seems to work. It's funny, when I saw this thread I was reminded how I eneded up on the old MusicPlayer SSS in the first place. I had an old issue of Electronic Musician I was reading with a two part article, but I never bought the next issue with the second part. So I googled The article title and Craig Anderton to see if I could find anything online. That's how I found SSS. The rest is history. Since then my little sons have grown up, I've divorced and moved hundreds of miles away and then back again... and you guys were there through it all! My sincerest apologies!. :D I'm ok now and look forward to contributing to a better than ever HC. ;)

• Members
I can't say I ever left MusicPlayer—I still enjoy posting there—but I'm also happy to participate at SSS here, there, and anywhere...

Congrats, Craig, on 20 plus years of SSS. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Your contributions over the years have always been valuable and insightful, so feel free to post away.

Archived