Nat Geo Daily Dozen and Nat Geo inclusion (please vote, thanks!)

• Members

My photo made the Daily Dozen for National Geographic, a great honor!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be included with these great photographers is truly an honor for me.

There's some voting on each of these. If I win the vote, the editors may consider my photo for possible publication in a future issue of National Geographic Magazine!!!!! If you are so inclined to vote, please do so very soon, as there is a tight deadline. Thanks!!

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/2015-07-13/

3600-kenlee_bristleconepine-2014-07-15-0054-128sf71iso640-1000px-bestschulman.jpg

I voted last night Ken. :)

As a suggestion, you might want to put something up on Facebook that people can share too... I'd be happy to share it with all my Facebook friends, along with a hearty and enthusiastic recommendation that they vote for you and pass it along to their friends... :idea::wave:

• Members
I voted last night Ken. :)

As a suggestion, you might want to put something up on Facebook that people can share too... I'd be happy to share it with all my Facebook friends, along with a hearty and enthusiastic recommendation that they vote for you and pass it along to their friends... :idea::wave:

What do you have in mind exactly? I have been posting it on my http://www.facebook.com/kenleephotography page and my personal page and some of the Facebook groups. But yes, if people could share this on their FB page, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who is voting! It's greatly appreciated!!!!!!! It would be mind-blowing to have a photo in the print magazine of National Geographic!!!!!

• Members

I dunno. There may be some award among this group for reaching 420. :D

Thank you so much for voting, everyone! If you wish, please go ahead and share this today! Hopefully it works out, and our forum can have bragging rights that we have a photo in National Geographic Magazine!!!

I dunno. There may be some award among this group for reaching 420. :D [/Quote]

That one has been pre-reserved by Bunny no doubt. ;)

Thank you so much for voting, everyone! If you wish, please go ahead and share this today! Hopefully it works out, and our forum can have bragging rights that we have a photo in National Geographic Magazine!!!

Very happy to do so - your work is incredible Ken! :philthumb:

• Members

Very happy to do so - your work is incredible Ken! :philthumb:

Thanks! And I love that you are using the Phil thumb!

So thank you so much, you and everyone else who helped out!!!!!! Voting is over, and it appears that my photo won the most votes!!! Wow!!!!

So what's next? Uh, I dunno! My photo would be under consideration for inclusion in a National Geographic magazine, so it's out of our hands now. Hopefully they decide that a light painting photo of an unusual ancient tree taken at night is unique and different enough that they wish to include this in their magazine. It would be real cool for the night sky/light painting photographic community to have a photo like this featured in the print magazine, as I don't know if Nat Geo often has these sorts of things. But who knows? They have lots of considerations, awesome photographers, and things that I don't know about, so we'll see what happens!

But again, thank you so much for helping out! Collectively, we did it, and that's pretty big! Thanks!

• Members
My photo made the Daily Dozen for National Geographic, a great honor!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be included with these great photographers is truly an honor for me.

There's some voting on each of these. If I win the vote, the editors may consider my photo for possible publication in a future issue of National Geographic Magazine!!!!! If you are so inclined to vote, please do so very soon, as there is a tight deadline. Thanks!!

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/2015-07-13/

3600-kenlee_bristleconepine-2014-07-15-0054-128sf71iso640-1000px-bestschulman.jpg

Can one purchase a print of the tree?

Love it!

D

Archived