I started recording original material a year ago.

• Members

i've made 7 albums (about 10 songs per album) in one year. this is my first year of recording. i plan to record as long as i have ideas to work on. I plan to record all my life. lol. any other musicians out there that record a lot?

• Members

I was somewhat prolific back in the 90's. I was learning about midi and sequencing software and soon computer technology began to improve to the point where one could record audio to hard drives. It was a really fun, interesting and productive time for me.

I remember the days of mp3.com and uploading my creations, I even had one song that held the #1 spot on the pop/rock chart in this state for over a week and reached as high as #9 on the national level for instrumental rock songs after being played by a college radio station program.

I was new to the area I live in at the time and spent a lot of my time at home but then I decided I needed to get out and play so I began attending open mics and jams. Soon enough I became noticed and started a long string of playing in local cover bands even fronting a couple of my own. As my live performance activity progressed my home recording had to take a back seat and dwindled significantly.

Today I still have some great ideas and original songs I'd like to work on and the recording gear/software I now possess is 100x more powerful, flexible, pristine and abundant than what I used to have but time is the big enemy. The recording space I'd started building in the basement of our new place remains about 1/2 done. I'm playing in bands again plus still working full time. I have the typical maintenance responsibilities associated with home and vehicle ownership plus other hobbies and activities I chose to speed my free time doing so although I keep telling myself I'm going to get back at it, I just don't know when I actually will!

• Members
i've made 7 albums (about 10 songs per album) in one year. this is my first year of recording. i plan to record as long as i have ideas to work on. I plan to record all my life. lol. any other musicians out there that record a lot?

That's some awesome output! thumb_zps456fc56e.gif

I'm going to guess you make electronica...?

• Members

Sure. I have around forty albums and have been recording for about a decade since I was 14. In 2011 and 2012, I put out ten albums in each year. I took a break in 2013 and recorded under a different name, and returned last year with my strongest music yet.

While I am all about inspiration and expression, I advise everyone to pace themselves. It took me five albums of schlock before I was able to put together a good album. I taught myself everything and have my own style of production and playing guitar, but things have changed in a ten year period. The internet is not the same, the audience isn't the same, and garnering a fanbase without a manager/agent or playing live is difficult. You of course record music for yourself, but getting even one person to listen can often be difficult. I have released albums that had less than five people who heard them.

I have only put out three albums this year and plan on taking another extended break. 2014 was a productive year for me, but it was also the worst year of my life. I've already recorded more music than most musicians do in their lifetimes, so I am in no hurry to complete my next album or EP.

• Members

Bucksstudent is the most prolific musician I ever even heard of. He failed to post his stream at Soundcloud however where you can catch his ecletic yet elegant work. So allow me to share his link...https://soundcloud.com/patrickaei . He won't get mad at me...If he does, it won't be for long..We're buds...:)

Archived