Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's "THE" go-to amp repair shop in SoCA these days?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's "THE" go-to amp repair shop in SoCA these days?

A friend of mine needs to get an older Eden bass amp looked at and was asking me for recommendations - so I'm asking you guys. Are there any decent amp repair techs left, or does everyone pretty much stick to warranty work and board swaps these days?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I've never had amp work done before, but I'd go to one of these two places:
    VST in Pasadena - Dave Segimoto:
    http://www.vstservice.com/
    These guys are really great and honest. And they work on just about anything, including tube amps, solid state amps, and tube mic preamps.

Amp Shop:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/amp-shop-bas...e-sherman-oaks
    I had guitar and bass worked on by Tina, and it was very fairly priced, quick turn-around, and great work.
    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

My 3DW friend Jim Washburn says Paul Morte in Orange is good. http://www.paulstechservice.com/
      Last edited by blue2blue; 02-12-2015, 08:56 PM.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

I've had great luck with Kevin Nelson in Garden Grove: 714-856-7015.
        MarkWein.com and Forums
        Study with me on Truefire.com!
        McFeely Custom Guitars Artist

Comment

Thanks guys - I'll pass your suggestions along to my friend.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

FYI, the Amp Shop and the Bass Exchange are going to be moving to North Hollywood in the near future. I recently saw a storefront on Lankershim Blvd with their logos on the windows and a "Coming Soon" banner.
            Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

Working...
            X