No announcement yet.

Well, Somebody Had to Say It...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Somebody Had to Say It...

Dendy Jarrett is no longer with Harmony Central. He had the impossible task of turning HC around years of damage not of his own making (or mine, for that matter), and did an amazing job. Advertisers want to advertise, traffic is up, and after bottoming out last year HC was on the way up again. I think he deserves a round of applause for keeping this site alive after helping to bring it back from the dead, of course with the help of Phil O'Keefe, Chris Loeffler, and Ara.Ajizian.

Carry on, Dendy. I truly appreciate the superhuman effort you put into this and I hope the community does, too. Anyone else would have run away screaming.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Dendy or anyone, can you confirm and comment on this? What will happen to HC after stepping down from being director? Is there someone to pick up the pieces and carry on where we left off? Is there still a plan to get things running and improving the site, etc? What ever happened to bringing harmony back into harmony central?
    Moderator - The Singer's Forum
    Follow me on Twitter and Soundcloud

Comment

wishing Dendy all the best in his future endeavours
      he did one helluva job on the site

Comment

Am I correct that Dendy has left not just HC, but the GC organization?

Either way:

Dendy, it's truly been a pleasure to work with you this past couple of years. It's sad to see you go, and I wish you much success and happiness in the future.
        "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

Originally posted by davie View Post
          Dendy or anyone, can you confirm and comment on this? What will happen to HC after stepping down from being director? Is there someone to pick up the pieces and carry on where we left off? Is there still a plan to get things running and improving the site, etc? What ever happened to bringing harmony back into harmony central?

perhaps he will chime in

Comment

Dendy certainly seemed like a good guy with an impossible task. I wish him well.

traffic is UP though? By which measure? This place seems deader than ever. Maybe the traffic count feature is something that still needs to be repaired...

Comment

Good luck Dendy, I hope all your future endeavors are successful.
              Bob "Notes" Norton
              Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com
              Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box
              The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Comment

Dendy gave me some encouraging words also, so thanks for those Dendy!
                http://musicinit.com/fastfingers.php An Experiment in 80's Technology

http://youtube.com/techristian My YOUTUBE channel
                Music videos at http://musicinit.com/video.php

Comment

It's the endy....for Dendy
                  smoke - new album
                  the mirror - album
                  storm - album
                  the asylum - forum

Comment

Really sorry to hear this. I don't know how he did as much as he did, administer/moderate, play music, do reviews, go to NAMM...

Thank you Dendy J. You will be missed.
                    Missin' Marko46

"I've never been given more to bear than I can endure."
                    Marty Mann

"In a world where carpenters get resurrected, everything is possible."
                    Elanor in Lion in Winter

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                      Dendy certainly seemed like a good guy with an impossible task. I wish him well.

traffic is UP though? By which measure? This place seems deader than ever. Maybe the traffic count feature is something that still needs to be repaired...

traffic is up a little, but only 2% of visitors make it to the forums
                      so participation is low
                      and yes, the who's online counter needs fixing

Comment

Well, I`m not sure when Dendy came aboard but this site has been a struggle to visit in the last 4-5 years… hows it really been that long?! Of course I wish him the best of luck.

This site is slightly better than what it was but I`m still not sure why HC just can`t have a forum like they do at GS. I still have issues trying to edit posts… why can`t we just use the same system GS uses? Why? Why?

But you know… these are cool…

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
                          Well, I`m not sure when Dendy came aboard but this site has been a struggle to visit in the last 4-5 years… hows it really been that long?! Of course I wish him the best of luck.

This site is slightly better than what it was but I`m still not sure why HC just can`t have a forum like they do at GS. I still have issues trying to edit posts… why can`t we just use the same system GS uses? Why? Why?
                          GS uses the same system, only another version, I think GS is still on vB4, which is stable and works and is the most widely used vB platform

HC went with vB5, an insider confessed that since its release (now more than 2 years ago) over 6000 bugs have been found and fixed in vB5 and actually, vB itself has sent out an email 10 days ago that a large site (yup, HC) runs successfully on vB5 ... however unlike HC, 98% of vB customers wisely prefer not to switch to vB5.

Comment

Dendy, sad to see you go, but wish you much success in your future endeavors. You are truly one of the good guys.
                            "If you can't SAY something with your instrument, try sellin' cars."-
                            The late, great Tony Williams

www.russleonardi.com
                            www.zephyrsound.com
                            — Sonor Designer Maple shell (heavy) 8 pc. for studio
                            — Premier Genista 7 pc. for live gigs
                            — Tama Silverstar "Metro" 4pc. for certain live gigs.
                            — Paiste, Bosphorus and Sabian cymbals, depending on what I'm doin'.
                            — Small collection of assorted snare drums to suit my mood.

Comment

ODE TO DENDY

Your time it wasn't wasted
                              On the good ship Harm'ny C
                              You came, you saw, you did your best
                              That's good enough for me

We thank you for your time in charge
                              Although it was quite brief
                              And now there is a vacuum
                              God help us, Phil O'Keefe!

smoke - new album
                              the mirror - album