New Single Out Tomorrow

Mark L

• Members

Thanks, mate :)

Well it's out today. I don't expect to be able to retire off the proceeds, but this is a milestone of sorts. First (and probably last) time an actual 'record company' has released a song written by me. Excuse me while I bask...;)

By the way, stay safe. And keep warm :(

• Members

Well...If you DO make a billion pounds...Will ya send me a few Bob?...And did I say that right? Bob is money of some sort over isn't it?

Yep, a 'bob' is slang for a shilling, the modern equivalent of which is 5p

There's a line in The Beatles' song Mean Mr. Mustard - 'Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose'. Ten-bob is worth 50p. Ten-bob notes no longer exist

There's an expression over here for a dodgy geezer - 'Bent as a nine-bob note'. Nine-bob notes never existed, hence the expression :)

• Members

Yep, a 'bob' is slang for a shilling, the modern equivalent of which is 5p

There's a line in The Beatles' song Mean Mr. Mustard - 'Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose'. Ten-bob is worth 50p. Ten-bob notes no longer exist

There's an expression over here for a dodgy geezer - 'Bent as a nine-bob note'. Nine-bob notes never existed, hence the expression :)

Can someone please translate this for me? I think Mark is spending too much time smelling pencil erasers...

• Members

As for our very-long-awaited version, we finalized the structure and arrangement of the jam section yesterday. The plan is to lay down a recording next Sunday, then of course mix/master/video time on that, but it is in sight now. (We would have recorded it yesterday, but one of our guitarists was out.)

Main lesson for me: when forming a band, you should be able to figure out just how long it will take to get it together and have material ready to record/play out, and add plenty of time to account for all the hiccups on the way. Then add a year. :confused:

• Members
As for our very-long-awaited version, we finalized the structure and arrangement of the jam section yesterday. The plan is to lay down a recording next Sunday, then of course mix/master/video time on that, but it is in sight now. (We would have recorded it yesterday, but one of our guitarists was out.)

Main lesson for me: when forming a band, you should be able to figure out just how long it will take to get it together and have material ready to record/play out, and add plenty of time to account for all the hiccups on the way. Then add a year. :confused:

:snax:

Archived