• Show
Clear All

• New Single Out Tomorrow

No idea what that means these days, but here's a link if you're interested

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Market...rket+daydreams

new album - smoke
    forum - the asylum

Hey Mark,

Well, I`m more curious than anything. I loved the original so I`m not expecting to be wowed. I got a 30 second clip of it on Amazon… its ok. Sounds like its synth happy which is fine but again, I think the original had a fire to it that cannot be duplicated.

E

Comment

Thanks, mate

Well it's out today. I don't expect to be able to retire off the proceeds, but this is a milestone of sorts. First (and probably last) time an actual 'record company' has released a song written by me. Excuse me while I bask...

By the way, stay safe. And keep warm
      new album - smoke
      forum - the asylum

Comment

congrats MarkydeSad.

Comment

Thanks, Goobers

I think my parents and sister have downloaded a copy each. So that's two sales so far
          new album - smoke
          forum - the asylum

Comment

Congrats Mark! Hope u make a Billion pounds!
            http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
              I think my parents and sister have downloaded a copy each. So that's two sales so far
              Too bad you`re not a Mormon…
              Last edited by Ernest Buckley; 01-27-2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
                Congrats Mark! Hope u make a Billion pounds!
                Ha! I'm actually setting my sights a tad lower than that
                new album - smoke
                forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post

Too bad you`re not a Mormon…
                  Something to consider....
                  new album - smoke
                  forum - the asylum

Comment

Ha! I'm actually setting my sights a tad lower than that
                    Well...If you DO make a billion pounds...Will ya send me a few Bob?...And did I say that right? Bob is money of some sort over isn't it?
                    http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

Well...If you DO make a billion pounds...Will ya send me a few Bob?...And did I say that right? Bob is money of some sort over isn't it?
                      Yep, a 'bob' is slang for a shilling, the modern equivalent of which is 5p

There's a line in The Beatles' song Mean Mr. Mustard - 'Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose'. Ten-bob is worth 50p. Ten-bob notes no longer exist

There's an expression over here for a dodgy geezer - 'Bent as a nine-bob note'. Nine-bob notes never existed, hence the expression
                      new album - smoke
                      forum - the asylum

Comment

Yep, a 'bob' is slang for a shilling, the modern equivalent of which is 5p

There's a line in The Beatles' song Mean Mr. Mustard - 'Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose'. Ten-bob is worth 50p. Ten-bob notes no longer exist

There's an expression over here for a dodgy geezer - 'Bent as a nine-bob note'. Nine-bob notes never existed, hence the expression

Can someone please translate this for me? I think Mark is spending too much time smelling pencil erasers...

Comment

As for our very-long-awaited version, we finalized the structure and arrangement of the jam section yesterday. The plan is to lay down a recording next Sunday, then of course mix/master/video time on that, but it is in sight now. (We would have recorded it yesterday, but one of our guitarists was out.)

Main lesson for me: when forming a band, you should be able to figure out just how long it will take to get it together and have material ready to record/play out, and add plenty of time to account for all the hiccups on the way. Then add a year.

Martyn Wheeler (playing synthesizers/organ like it's 1973 in England)

now: Fredfin Wallaby
                          was: The Gonzo Symphonic

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthesky View Post
                            As for our very-long-awaited version, we finalized the structure and arrangement of the jam section yesterday. The plan is to lay down a recording next Sunday, then of course mix/master/video time on that, but it is in sight now. (We would have recorded it yesterday, but one of our guitarists was out.)

Main lesson for me: when forming a band, you should be able to figure out just how long it will take to get it together and have material ready to record/play out, and add plenty of time to account for all the hiccups on the way. Then add a year.

new album - smoke
                            forum - the asylum

Comment

Working...
                            X