No announcement yet.

Irving Azoff vs YouTube?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irving Azoff vs YouTube?

Have you guys heard about this? What do you think?

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/perm...ing-azoffs-gun

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Well, nobody can make money in music any more, so they might as well try making money WITH music.

What "the industry" doesn't seem to understand is the basic law of supply and demand. There's an abundance of music available so people have no reason to spend too much money in order to hear it. And there's no reason to own it and listen to it over and over because there's always something new to listen to,

If we went back to the day when there were record companies and A&R, and the only free music was on the radio, music would be more prescious and the creators could start making money again.

But think of all the music that you'll never hear.
    --
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath for industry promises. Here's the best advice I've heard:

Comment

Working...
      X