• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Something For Ernest Buckley

Well, you did ask

My rather spartan 'studio'

new album - smoke
    forum - the asylum

Awesome. Yes, I have slightly more gear than you do but not by much. I`ll post a photo this week.

Comment

Mark,

I was just wondering… where do you get your guitar sounds from? Don`t you own an amp? I know you went ITB recently so that has lots of possibilities. Are you using software now for guitar sounds?

E

Comment

I tend to use whatever's built-in to whichever recorder I'm using, although I bought a Zoom MS-50G multi-effects stomp box recently. You can see it on the far left of the desk. So I use that along with the effects that came with Studio One

I've had amps in the past (ordered another one last Monday [Blackstar HT-40] - trying for the band thing again), but I seldom used them for recording
        new album - smoke
        forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post

Well, you did ask

My rather spartan 'studio'

I kind of liked the attic studio with the rafters and stuff - mad genius in the attic, you know!

nat whilk ii

Comment

Looks like you have all the tools you need to me Mark! 'Cept maybe a Stratocaster
            http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

It proves one doesn't have to have a bunch of expensive stuff to make good rock if he's got what it takes.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Well nobody asked me and I feel left out so here's my little corner I go to trying to be as good as you guys..Masochism corner.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
                  Looks like you have all the tools you need to me Mark! 'Cept maybe a Stratocaster
                  I don't like the way they feel. I actually prefer Squier Strats
                  new album - smoke
                  forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by blue2blue View Post
                    It proves one doesn't have to have a bunch of expensive stuff to make good rock if he's got what it takes.
                    new album - smoke
                    forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
                      Well nobody asked me and I feel left out so here's my little corner I go to trying to be as good as you guys..Masochism corner.
                      Two screens, eh? You must be bloody loaded, mate!
                      new album - smoke
                      forum - the asylum

Comment

What happens in real life...

(Geez. I normally upload phone snaps to my Box account and share from there. But the share links seem to bollix the image system here. The official share links don't work. So I had to paste the share link into a new [unsigned in] browser window, rt-click to get the image URL on the Box server, and paste THAT into the image link dialog here. Wotta pain induhazz.)
                        Last edited by blue2blue; 01-04-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nat whilk II View Post

I kind of liked the attic studio with the rafters and stuff - mad genius in the attic, you know!

nat whilk ii
                          Ha! I had to get out of the attic. In summer it was too warm and in winter it was too cold. The spare bedroom is a much nicer place to be
                          new album - smoke
                          forum - the asylum

Comment

Ha! I had to get out of the attic. In summer it was too warm and in winter it was too cold. The spare bedroom is a much nicer place to be
                            You can still use it for video shoots. It does have a great look...

Comment

Two screens, eh? You must be bloody loaded, mate!
                              Hardly...I have a college student who has to have a upgraded computer or monitor every other day it seems...A year ago I had a CRT now I have three flatscreens. Two on his old computer I sue now for music and one on my old computer which I use for everything else. He has the hot rod stuff....

Comment

Working...
                              X