If you could have one piece of gear from Santa....

Anderton

• Members

Both the DSI Pro 2 and the Moog Sub 37 are on my want list, but I really do not have room in the rig and don't really have a sound hole for the band that would justify them to fill.

Actually at the top of the list for my rig is an Orange TH30C to play organ through, plus an ATA case that can also be rigged to mic it and feed back into my submixer.

I'd also love an M32 (or X32) because it turns out we really do need more channels to get the demo recording capability where we want it. The Line 6 Stagescape is doing a fine job, but we are talking Santa's money here, right? I can't really justify spending mine on more studio gear yet.

The one thing I really did desperately need, I already got on Sunday: a permanent bassist for the band. :D

• Members
I have a room but I do wish I had something a bit more quiet and freestanding…
Yes, a decoupled, concrete, acoustically designed for purpose, and lined with dry stone walling, wood panneling and absorption panels, as needed, sounds just about right. Is it too late to stick a letter up the chimney? :)

• Members

A Kawai VPC-1 with a solid stand...

A close second would be the Moog Sub 37 Tribute edition.

A larger room is definitely a big want, but until we tackle the basement renovation (including a new furnace and ducting), that will have to wait.

• Members

I think I would like this one musical instrument. Yes, just one little stringed instrument, that's all I ask.

That way, I could soon have really and tall large acoustically beautiful sounding room with lots of wood and thick rough-hewn wooden beams holding the high ceiling up and large windows overlooking the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Pacific Ocean below...along with a Moog Voyager, Harrison desk, a comfortable couch in back of the Harrison, and that's about it. I don't need anything else.

• Members

A soundproofed vocal booth

The technical term is "closet" or "bathroom." The closet gives more of a dead sound depending on how much clothes you have in the there, while the bathroom gives ambience. Hmm, I guess if you had a closet in your bathroom it could be a live end/dead end vocal booth.

• Members

The technical term is "closet" or "bathroom." The closet gives more of a dead sound depending on how much clothes you have in the there, while the bathroom gives ambience. Hmm, I guess if you had a closet in your bathroom it could be a live end/dead end vocal booth.

I`ve had success using bathrooms, closets, and moving blankets. Some of my best vocal sounds come from moving blankets and the SSL Waves plugs.

U-47

I'd be tempted to pass on a free one unless it came with a half a dozen tested/working/m-stamped VF14 tubes. They're just getting too hard to find, and too expensive when you do. :(

I do have to say though that I was really impressed with the new Bock Audio 4-Zero-7. I wouldn't mind owning one or two of them as an alternative to a good U47.

• Members

My girlfriend (got that sounds weird at my age!) got me a pair of AKG D8000 dynamic mics, which I sorely needed.

I'm having people over fairly regularly to play & sing lately, and only had 2 dynamic mics before. I have about 10 condenser mics, but tend to not drag them out for vocals because I hate to get them spitted up.

I also got a hand made guitar from Honduras that my son bought for me 7 years ago, took all over the world with him, and brought with when he and his family visited for Christmas. Very nice!

• Members
I'm wishin' and hopin' for the World Peace 5000XL. Push a button and all the idiots stop killing each other. No mutual assured destruction necessary.

it's a dream.

Happy holidays to all!

The only way you're gonna get world peace is by eliminating all life on the planet

Happy holidays! :)

Archived