Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another New(ish) Song....With A Single-Tracked Lead Vocal!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another New(ish) Song....With A Single-Tracked Lead Vocal!

Lightly brushed with Melodyne

Hope you like it

https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101/quiet-life
    new album - smoke
    forum - the asylum

another good one Bud! Like the juxtaposition of a guy asking for a quiet life amongst Cranked up guitars.
    http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

i like it.

i wonder tho... you've often suggested that you would like to be a successful musician in a more conventional sense... i.e. not left alone.

is that not the case?

also, how do you do your drums?

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
        another good one Bud! Like the juxtaposition of a guy asking for a quiet life amongst Cranked up guitars.
        Thanks

Interesting observation, that. Didn't occur to me
        new album - smoke
        forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by Goober(s) View Post
          i like it.

i wonder tho... you've often suggested that you would like to be a successful musician in a more conventional sense... i.e. not left alone.

is that not the case?

also, how do you do your drums?
          Ta very much

Between you and me, I wrote this a while ago and have only just got around to recording it properly. So it doesn't necessarily express my feelings at the moment. Hence the word 'new(ish)' in the thread-title

I used the built-in drum machine in PreSonus Studio One for this song and Fields of Silence. It's called 'Impact'. For Food Chain I used drum-loops that I found in the Studio One library
          new album - smoke
          forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post

Ta very much

Between you and me, I wrote this a while ago and have only just got around to recording it properly. So it doesn't necessarily express my feelings at the moment. Hence the word 'new(ish)' in the thread-title

I used the built-in drum machine in PreSonus Studio One for this song and Fields of Silence. It's called 'Impact'. For Food Chain I used drum-loops that I found in the Studio One library
            drums sound legit.

also, singing w/o a double track seems satisfyingly thematic... you say "leave me alone" and you're singing "alone."

you should write another song expressing the opposite, asking people to clamor around you and make you a superstar despite your shyness singing in public

Comment

Now you're just being silly
              new album - smoke
              forum - the asylum

Comment

Remixed and vocals re-engineered. A lot less harsh now
                new album - smoke
                forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
                  Now you're just being silly

a little madness now and then is cherished by the wisest men

Comment

I prefer the single-tracked vocal approach. Then when you go to the doubled or harmony parts, they have a lot more impact. There's nothing wrong with your voice and I'm glad you're finally getting over that phobia...

I'm dropping out more and more stuff these days...in my latest song, the bass is out a fair amount of the time. When it comes back in, it's dramatic. And there's one part where there's just rhythm guitar with no effects and single-tracked vocal. Contrast is good, and the mute button is your friend
                    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
                    X