Another New(ish) Song....With A Single-Tracked Lead Vocal!

Mark L

• Members
i like it. :cool05:

i wonder tho... you've often suggested that you would like to be a successful musician in a more conventional sense... i.e. not left alone. :eatdrink003:

is that not the case? :confused2:

also, how do you do your drums? :cool3:

Ta very much :)

Between you and me, I wrote this a while ago and have only just got around to recording it properly. So it doesn't necessarily express my feelings at the moment. Hence the word 'new(ish)' in the thread-title :whisper:

I used the built-in drum machine in PreSonus Studio One for this song and Fields of Silence. It's called 'Impact'. For Food Chain I used drum-loops that I found in the Studio One library :)

• Members

Ta very much :)

Between you and me, I wrote this a while ago and have only just got around to recording it properly. So it doesn't necessarily express my feelings at the moment. Hence the word 'new(ish)' in the thread-title :whisper:

I used the built-in drum machine in PreSonus Studio One for this song and Fields of Silence. It's called 'Impact'. For Food Chain I used drum-loops that I found in the Studio One library :)

drums sound legit. :badump:

also, singing w/o a double track seems satisfyingly thematic... you say "leave me alone" and you're singing "alone." :cool15:

:idea:

you should write another song expressing the opposite, asking people to clamor around you and make you a superstar despite your shyness singing in public :rawk::hairphil::cop::cool11:

• Members

I prefer the single-tracked vocal approach. Then when you go to the doubled or harmony parts, they have a lot more impact. There's nothing wrong with your voice and I'm glad you're finally getting over that phobia...

I'm dropping out more and more stuff these days...in my latest song, the bass is out a fair amount of the time. When it comes back in, it's dramatic. And there's one part where there's just rhythm guitar with no effects and single-tracked vocal. Contrast is good, and the mute button is your friend :)

Archived