SSS Production Squad: REVISED "I Want My Heaven Now!"

Anderton

• Members

Ladies and gentlemen, also featuring all the way from jolly old England, legendary internet sensation Mark Longworth on guest vocals! [cue applause, girls fainting] Let's give him a big, warm SSS welcome [cue more applause, occasional outbursts of people yelling, "yeah Mark!].

And I'd also like to thank Gibson guitars for being the best lending library on the planet. Yes, that's a 2014 Les Paul Standard and a 2015 Thunderbird bass.

Enjoy! It took me frickin' forever to shoot/edit this.

Here's the edited version based on the suggestions made here (mostly Goobers).

• Members

i think this is one of your better ones, Craig. nicely done! :hairphil:

I have a couple thoughts, but one that jumps out at me... why not eliminate the lyrics overlayed on the video? now that you've got some interesting visuals going, the text just makes it seem a little cheezy. IMHO, it would have a more professional sheen without them. :idk:

I also don't like the initial lyrics, up to "time is short, why do I spend it on fools..." (I do like that and what follows).

but, e.g. "why do I keep on giving without getting something back in return" -- I don't believe that's true. is it? :(

• Members

First, thanks for comments on the video. I'm looking for those as well. I'm undecided about the text. Sometimes it seems like too much and sometimes it seems to underscore a point. Besides, who wants to see my face all the time? :) Maybe the solution is to use them sparingly. I'll be interested to see what others have to say, I've only done lyric videos and not "live action" ones so any reality tests are welcome.

As to the initial lyrics, well, I get plenty back from y'all and Gibson. Unfortunately, that's not the totality of my world. Besides, I have to set up a reason to go away...

• Members

Goobers, I watched it again and I think you're right. But I think if I leave some words in, like when the rest of the screen is black, it would be better than all words or no words. But, that's the beauty of this approach - I can do another version, post it, and get more feedback.

I like the idea of cartoon bubbles in a couple places, too :) Not sure how I would do that in Vegas, but hey, I can give it a shot.

This again shows why exposing my videos to a group of people whose opinions I trust is so valuable...

• Members
Actually, Craig, I have one small criticism

My vocal is mixed too loud in the pre-choruses. It seems to be drowning out yours. I'd rather it was the other way round

That is all :)

It's mixed the way I want it - the object is to add variety, which wouldn't happen if I drowned out your vocal. If I just wanted another me, I could have done it myself :).

• Members
Actually, Craig, I have one small criticism

My vocal is mixed too loud in the pre-choruses. It seems to be drowning out yours. I'd rather it was the other way round

That is all :)

your voice, mixed high, gives it a professional sheen. you sing like a pro bro, get over it! :mad2::cool12:

Archived