No announcement yet.

Flag Reports

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag Reports

Every now and then I notice that the "Messages" button at the top of the screen here is red and has a number, so I look to see if someone has sent me a private message. Nope, but there are "Flag Reports." I look to see what they are and I see posts from the Electric Guitar forum that I never read, from people I've never heard of, discussing a topic in which I have no interest.

I can't seem to find a way to turn this off. Is it a feature or a bug?
    --
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Disclaimer: I have no answer to your question....

I've seen it too. But since it's not completely under-foot and tripping me when I try to do stuff, I just ignore it.

Comment

I have no idea why you're getting flagged post reports - those should only go to the moderators. I have reported the issue. Sorry about the inconvenience.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
        I have no idea why you're getting flagged post reports - those should only go to the moderators. I have reported the issue. Sorry about the inconvenience.
        I guess that's what happens when you click on "flag" at the bottom of a post. I never new what that meant, so I've never used it, but I thought it was something to remind me of a useful post. I guess it's to inform the moderators of a post that should be consider for "moderation." .

Maybe I've been promoted and I don't know it.
        --
        "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
        Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Yup - that's it. Flagging is a way for the community to let the moderators know about something that they consider problematic, such as spam, etc. We definitely encourage people to use it whenever they see something, such as spam, that violates the HC site rules.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
          X