I got a song in the top 10!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a song in the top 10!

It's in the top 10 of 'Blues General' in soundclick.com
    Not exactly Billboard, but I'll take it!

It actually peaked at #2... (not really sure when that happened, I don't check on the page very often)

It's called 'Crazy'

I guess it's time to post a couple more and see what happens - - all 4 of the ones I have on that page got into the top 100.
    Independent artist performing and recording original songs, operating Tangent Studio, and doing gigs throughout northeast Iowa

So when do you get the new Mercedes?
    --
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRivers View Post
      So when do you get the new Mercedes?
      I'm waiting for them to drop it off
      but not holding my breath.

Comment

That's really cool - congratulations Phil!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

That's awesome! As your manager, I am looking forward to getting that 12.5% we agreed upon.
          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

That's a really cool song and voice, Phil! Congratulations on your success.
            Looking forward to your new update.
            We are a team of people who are dancing lince dance and we are aiming to reach top 10 too
            Last edited by TeddyAllen; 07-23-2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Well, thats pretty good to hear mate and as a fellow forumite, I feel partly responsible for your success. Well, not really, but I`m very happy for you.

Comment

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli View Post
                That's awesome! As your manager, I am looking forward to getting that 12.5% we agreed upon.
                That's actually pretty modest; my agent back in the '70s took 15%.
                Ok, Ken, time to tally it up: Let's see.... 12.5% of $0 equals.... $0. The check is in the mail.
                Last edited by philboking; 11-29-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyAllen View Post
                  That's a really cool song and voice, Phil! Congratulations on your success.
                  Looking forward to your new update.
                  Thanks Teddy! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've noticed lately, after listening to it quite a bit, that my singing is starting to sound like Rick Estrin from 'Little Charlie and The Nightcats'. Not so much on 'Crazy', more so on some of the others on my new album where I start 'belting it out' a bit. Not a bad thing, but I guess I need to make an effort to be more unique sounding...

BTW, the lyrics are just awesome on this linked Nightcats tune.

Last edited by philboking; 11-29-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
                    Well, thats pretty good to hear mate and as a fellow forumite, I feel partly responsible for your success. Well, not really, but I`m very happy for you.
                    Actually, I give a lot of credit to this and a few other forums for turning me on to micing, recording, mixing and mastering tips that I'd never have thought of on my own. Though nowadays I rarely run into stuff I haven't seen before, this forum and the web in general pushed my learning curve up to where it is now, and get a lot of credit for my recording education. The synergy of a lot of minds sharing what they have is pretty awesome.

So thanks for your contribution to all that, Ernest.
                    Last edited by philboking; 11-29-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by philboking View Post

Actually, I give a lot of credit to this and a few other forums for turning me on to micing, recording, mixing and mastering tips that I'd never have thought of on my own. Though nowadays I rarely run into stuff I haven't seen before, this forum and the web in general pushed my learning curve up to where it is now, and get a lot of credit for my recording education. The synergy of a lot of minds sharing what they have is pretty awesome.

So thanks for your contribution to all that, Ernest.
                      You`re very generous. Should I PM you with my address so you can forward the royalties?

Comment

Working...
                      X