Carol Kaye Talks About Life, The Universe, and Everything

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carol Kaye Talks About Life, The Universe, and Everything

She don't need no stinkin' Auto Tune.

Watch this when you have plenty of time. It's a bit over an hour long, and it's all good, and often feisty. Impressive, too, how comfortable she is playing musical examples throughout the video.
    Last edited by MikeRivers; 11-15-2014, 02:12 PM.
    --
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Originally posted by MikeRivers View Post

She don't need no stinkin' Auto Tune.
    Yeah, but she needs a pickup and an amp. Not to mention FRETS to keep her in playing in tune! REAL bass players play stand up.
    Last edited by guido61; 11-16-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Not to mention she's also been punched in to fix things on occasion. I love Carol, but she's not infallible. None of us are... and all kinds of editing and "fixing" has been going on since the dawn of multitrack recording. AutoTune is hardly the first means of correcting mistakes utilized by recording engineers.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Mike thanks so much for posting this..My lord what a musician! she's got more talent in her little finger(Left hand) than I do in both of my bodys! quite a fascinating Broad eh? Brassy, confident, completely professional. great video...Wish she was my Granma!!
        http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Baffling and inspiring... thanks for the post...
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
          Rocking from down south... really south
          Good Biz w/: Hangwire, curehardy, 343SaltyBeans, 229Someday, themeanreds, mfergel, chump5150, orange worker, bloo, Saturnine10, moon shadow, johnrambo, skitzy, sh333, VVarlocked
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
          X