I Am Now A Mastering Engineer!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Now A Mastering Engineer!

Well not really, but this is a milestone of sorts

I thought I'd try watching a Youtube video about mastering in PreSonus Studio One. Usually these videos are impenetrable, but the guy who did this particular one (sorry, Craig, it wasn't you) was very good at explaining things in a clear, simple way. Even a tool like me could understand it

The upshot is that I was able to master a project of mine which has been lying dormant on my laptop for some time, and I was even able to delete the run-in, add a fade-out and export the finished product to my music folder as an mp3

This might not sound like much to you guys, but it's a giant leap for me!

I feel like I've achieved something and am finally catching up with the rest of the recording fraternity. Hurrah!!
    new album - smoke
    forum - the asylum

Congratulations, Saul. I've always liked your stuff.
    A number of words mean "fool" in various keys. A brinjah is a comical person; to brinja is to play the fool. Fool can be an adjective meaning foolish: "Cho, man! You too fool!" - or as the abstract noun, foolishness: "De whol a de nex week Wasp wid him fool fly up an dung."—Frederic G. Cassidy

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy409 View Post
      Congratulations, Saul. I've always liked your stuff.
      Thanks
      new album - smoke
      forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
        I feel like I've achieved something and am finally catching up with the rest of the recording fraternity.
        You`re far ahead than most of us matey. Your writing is prolific and as "rough" as your recordings sound, there is a charm and character to them that cannot be taught.

Comment

Thanks Ernest. That's very kind of you
          new album - smoke
          forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
            Thanks Ernest. That's very kind of you
            You`re welcome but stick with your day job.

Comment

One of life's mysteries is why he doesn't think his voice sounds good.
              CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
                One of life's mysteries is why he doesn't think his voice sounds good.

The same can be said for John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix and I'm sure there are countless others.

Perhaps it has to do with the artist trying to achieve something and he/she falls short of it. They dwell on the difference - the 'falling short' part - while we, the audience, accept it for what it is and can see the greatness in it.
                As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Working...
                X