Another New Song

Mark L

• Members
Probably should have spent a bit more time on the vocals, but I get a bit bored if I can't record stuff quickly

Oh well, it is what it is

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12941565

I think your "secret weapon" is NOT spending more time on your vocals!

This was really freaky to listen to, it's very much like a Boy George song I remixed many years ago. I know you never heard it, because there were legal issues and it was never released. It's still sitting on my hard drive just in case they ever decide to do something with it.

Although frankly, I think you did a better job on the arranging... :) His was sparse to a fault, although I thought his vocals came across great. Maybe he didn't spend too much time on them either :)

• Members

I think your "secret weapon" is NOT spending more time on your vocals!

This was really freaky to listen to, it's very much like a Boy George song I remixed many years ago. I know you never heard it, because there were legal issues and it was never released. It's still sitting on my hard drive just in case they ever decide to do something with it.

Although frankly, I think you did a better job on the arranging... :) His was sparse to a fault, although I thought his vocals came across great. Maybe he didn't spend too much time on them either :)

It's strange when that happens, isn't it? I seem to recall listening to one of your songs a while back and the intro reminded me of 'Wishing Well' by Free. A song which you said you'd never heard

But then, there are only 12 notes to play with, eh? Melody lines will inadvertantly and eventually repeat themselves :)

(Thanks for the compliment on the vocals, btw)

• Members

It's strange when that happens, isn't it? I seem to recall listening to one of your songs a while back and the intro reminded me of 'Wishing Well' by Free. A song which you said you'd never heard

Actually I think I said I didn't remember hearing it, but I must have at some point...

But then, there are only 12 notes to play with, eh? Melody lines will inadvertantly and eventually repeat themselves :)

What's strange is that it's not the melody line, it's everything else - the arrangement, the instrumentation, overall feel, and to some extent the vibe of the vocal.

(Thanks for the compliment on the vocals, btw)

Your vocals are consistently good, except for when they're great :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Brilliant. I love it.

(By the way, my new band is getting pretty tight on Black Market Daydreams, but since we had to part ways with our initial singer and are just auditioning a new one, it'll be a little while longer before I can share a demo. We're all having a blast playing it.)

• Members
Brilliant. I love it.

(By the way, my new band is getting pretty tight on Black Market Daydreams, but since we had to part ways with our initial singer and are just auditioning a new one, it'll be a little while longer before I can share a demo. We're all having a blast playing it.)

Thanks, Martyn :)

I'm really looking forward to hearing your version of BMD. I've no idea what to expect....

• Members

Mark,

Nothing wrong with the vocals. I was hoping the song would develop a little more with new instruments in the second verse and the chorus… I was hearing an acoustic guitar come in just to emphasize the rhythm a bit and make it sound like…. a chorus. If you`re going down this Boy George route, I would bring up the vocal harmonies a bit as well and add some synths.

On a side note: your last two songs have definitely been going in another direction than your previous work. Glad you`re tapping into another well.

EB

• Members
Mark,

Nothing wrong with the vocals. I was hoping the song would develop a little more with new instruments in the second verse and the chorus… I was hearing an acoustic guitar come in just to emphasize the rhythm a bit and make it sound like…. a chorus. If you`re going down this Boy George route, I would bring up the vocal harmonies a bit as well and add some synths.

On a side note: your last two songs have definitely been going in another direction than your previous work. Glad you`re tapping into another well.

EB

I hear what you're saying, Ernest. Thing is, it's finished now, so that's that

The only time I ever went back to a song was when someone pointed out that the bass drum sounded like an un-musical slap. And having listened to it with fresh ears, I agreed and sorted it out :0

Archived