No announcement yet.

Another New Song

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another New Song

Probably should have spent a bit more time on the vocals, but I get a bit bored if I can't record stuff quickly

Oh well, it is what it is

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12941565
    works | smoke | forum

Really nice song and production values Mark!
    http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
      Probably should have spent a bit more time on the vocals, but I get a bit bored if I can't record stuff quickly

Oh well, it is what it is

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12941565

I think your "secret weapon" is NOT spending more time on your vocals!

This was really freaky to listen to, it's very much like a Boy George song I remixed many years ago. I know you never heard it, because there were legal issues and it was never released. It's still sitting on my hard drive just in case they ever decide to do something with it.

Although frankly, I think you did a better job on the arranging... His was sparse to a fault, although I thought his vocals came across great. Maybe he didn't spend too much time on them either
      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
        Really nice song and production values Mark!
        Thanks, dood
        works | smoke | forum

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post

I think your "secret weapon" is NOT spending more time on your vocals!

This was really freaky to listen to, it's very much like a Boy George song I remixed many years ago. I know you never heard it, because there were legal issues and it was never released. It's still sitting on my hard drive just in case they ever decide to do something with it.

Although frankly, I think you did a better job on the arranging... His was sparse to a fault, although I thought his vocals came across great. Maybe he didn't spend too much time on them either
          It's strange when that happens, isn't it? I seem to recall listening to one of your songs a while back and the intro reminded me of 'Wishing Well' by Free. A song which you said you'd never heard

But then, there are only 12 notes to play with, eh? Melody lines will inadvertantly and eventually repeat themselves

(Thanks for the compliment on the vocals, btw)
          works | smoke | forum

Comment

I must be crazy, but I liked it!...great production and the vocals were good to me.

Comment

Thanks, dood
              NO. The hail is spelled DUDE, dude. Now to be sure, we Yanks slaughter the King's English with dependable regularity, but you cannot under any circumstances misspell our 60's era slang!
              http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

It's strange when that happens, isn't it? I seem to recall listening to one of your songs a while back and the intro reminded me of 'Wishing Well' by Free. A song which you said you'd never heard
                Actually I think I said I didn't remember hearing it, but I must have at some point...

But then, there are only 12 notes to play with, eh? Melody lines will inadvertantly and eventually repeat themselves
                What's strange is that it's not the melody line, it's everything else - the arrangement, the instrumentation, overall feel, and to some extent the vibe of the vocal.

(Thanks for the compliment on the vocals, btw)
                Your vocals are consistently good, except for when they're great

Comment

Originally posted by tbry View Post
                  I must be crazy, but I liked it!...great production and the vocals were good to me.

Everybody likes Mark's music. Well, except for record companies.

Comment

Originally posted by tbry View Post

Thanks
                    works | smoke | forum

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

NO. The hail is spelled DUDE, dude. Now to be sure, we Yanks slaughter the King's English with dependable regularity, but you cannot under any circumstances misspell our 60's era slang!
                      Cheers, homeslice
                      works | smoke | forum

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post

Everybody likes Mark's music. Well, except for record companies.
                        Ain't that the truth!
                        works | smoke | forum

Comment

Brilliant. I love it.

(By the way, my new band is getting pretty tight on Black Market Daydreams, but since we had to part ways with our initial singer and are just auditioning a new one, it'll be a little while longer before I can share a demo. We're all having a blast playing it.)

Martyn Wheeler (playing synthesizers/organ like it's 1973 in England)

now: Fredfin Wallaby
                          was: The Gonzo Symphonic

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthesky View Post
                            Brilliant. I love it.

(By the way, my new band is getting pretty tight on Black Market Daydreams, but since we had to part ways with our initial singer and are just auditioning a new one, it'll be a little while longer before I can share a demo. We're all having a blast playing it.)
                            Thanks, Martyn

I'm really looking forward to hearing your version of BMD. I've no idea what to expect....
                            works | smoke | forum

Comment

Mark,

Nothing wrong with the vocals. I was hoping the song would develop a little more with new instruments in the second verse and the chorus… I was hearing an acoustic guitar come in just to emphasize the rhythm a bit and make it sound like…. a chorus. If you`re going down this Boy George route, I would bring up the vocal harmonies a bit as well and add some synths.

On a side note: your last two songs have definitely been going in another direction than your previous work. Glad you`re tapping into another well.

EB
                              Last edited by Ernest Buckley; 10-29-2014, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X