No announcement yet.

AES Convention - Los Angeles Oct 9-12

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AES Convention - Los Angeles Oct 9-12

Anyone going? I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned it here. Midnight tonight October 6 is the last day to pre-register for a free Exhibits-Plus badge. This gets you into the toy show plus several tutorial programs including the two day Project Studio Expo.

Step right up, folks. Go HERE for info and registration.
    Register for AES Los Angeles soon to take advantage of advance registration rates.
    --
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

I'm thinking about a quickie on Saturday.

Comment

I'm not going this year. Unfortunately my mother is rather ill and I need to be on standby.
      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Craig!

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,

Geoff
        Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
          I'm not going this year. Unfortunately my mother is rather ill and I need to be on standby.

So sorry to hear this, Craig. Best wishes for your Mom!!!!
          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli View Post

So sorry to hear this, Craig. Best wishes for your Mom!!!!
            Yes, exactly. Sorry Craig. Hang in there...

Comment

And the free passes were only for the preregistration? And that is closed? And I really hate when when that happens. And I probably won't make it now. .

Comment

I was there today!

PRO TIP: Free food and booze in the Eastern Acoustic Works room (it's upstairs from the main hall) Saturday from 5-6 pm Genelec had free drinks in their room (next door) at the same time as well.
                Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Knight View Post
                  And the free passes were only for the preregistration? And that is closed?
                  I thought moderators paid attention to what was posted here.

Pre-registration is closed since it's no longer pre-show. It was extended twice, through October 6. You can still get an Exhibits pass at the show but you'll have to pay for it. It's $65 if you're not an AES member, so I assume we won't be seeing you there.

Ken made it.
                  --
                  "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006

Comment

A new look for studio gear?
                    http://imgur.com/kRo7zRF
                    --

Comment

Did you see these at AES?

Comment

Craig, sending you and your family some love...

Obviously I will not be at AES but I`m looking forward to your report Mr. Rivers. Maybe this year someone will actually invent something worthy of my attention and $$$.

Comment

This is the hit of the show for me so far:

Slate Media Technology Batch Commander lets you use single clicks to execute up to 1000 key commands, menu selections and mouse clicks. Features include converting all your MIDI tracks to audio tracks or audio to MIDI using one button, batch consolidating, exporting, and naming your tracks, applying your favorite chain of plugins to multiple tracks with one button, and much more.

Batch Commander is currently only compatible with Pro Tools, but future compatibility is planned with Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Cubase, Nuendo and more. Available now for $99.00 US.

Best,

Geoff
                          Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Comment

Anyone have any other nominations for greatest hits from AES?

Comment

Working...
                            X