Post something from the TROUGH of your musical career!

Mark L

• Members

Pretty deep

Here are the words so you can sing along to it :)

Can you imagine life on your own

Can you imagine life all alone

It'll make you cry, it'll make you sigh

It'll keep you asking why

Can you imagine life by yourself

Can you imagine nobody else

In the dead of night, what a sorry sight

But you just don't have the stomach to fight

Can you imagine, oh can you just imagine

Can you imagine life all around

Can you imagine infinite sound

When the morning glow finds you all alone

And the seeds of your future are sown

Living easy, why can't it be like it should be

Living easy, why can't life be as it could be

Can it ever be, can you never see

• Moderators

My attempt at becoming a loop master. 13 years ago. Done in ACID V1. All loops and cutting and pitching to the composition. The only playing is the bass and vocal, into ACID as a DAW. The found vocals were tweaker telemarketers forgetting to mute their mics between calls. I recorded them on my job as a telephony marketing audio engineer. They're talking about their latest score of meth. Out of their little minds tweaking. Fired the next day.

• Members
My attempt at becoming a loop master. 13 years ago. Done in ACID V1. All loops and cutting and pitching to the composition. The only playing is the bass and vocal' date=' into ACID as a DAW. The found vocals were tweaker telemarketers forgetting to mute their mics between calls. I recorded them on my job as a telephony marketing audio engineer. They're talking about their latest score of meth. Out of their little minds tweaking. Fired the next day.[/quote']

That's clever stuff :)

• Members

Ok ...So I dug something up Mark. 1984. Four track. Here's the story:

A friend of mine was over and we were trying to come up with some ideas for a new song, No real luck. He was monkeying around on my old Juno 106(Long Dead) and I had my old C64 running and he laid done this goofy little upbeat couple of bars. He goes home. I had a couple of drinks and was listening to it, then I hit quantitize....Damn...went from quaint and silly to creepy. I loved it. I was off and running. Wrote the lyrics in about 15 minutes. Revoiced it then laid done a bass track, then programmed the drums. Over the next couple of days I sang a guide vocal, laid down all the guitars and several more keyboard fills. By the time he got back over the next week...He said.."Hell it's done!". I insisted he lay down a couple of creepy keyboard solos in spots I'd left for them. It's really a zombie love song. About a guy that gets killed in a car wreck, but his girl survives...He just thinks he's messed up but doesn't realize he's dead...And he's a little hacked she won;t aknowledge his presence.

It's on the top of my soundcloud listings...Just posted it.

If this ain't weird enough for ya I don't know what is.

• Members
My attempt at becoming a loop master. 13 years ago. Done in ACID V1. All loops and cutting and pitching to the composition. The only playing is the bass and vocal' date=' into ACID as a DAW. The found vocals were tweaker telemarketers forgetting to mute their mics between calls. I recorded them on my job as a telephony marketing audio engineer. They're talking about their latest score of meth. Out of their little minds tweaking. Fired the next day.[/quote']

Lee...If I had your talent and your voice and you had a feather up your patoot, we'd both be tickled. I'd be proud to claim your "Misfire".

• Members
Ok ...So I dug something up Mark. 1984. Four track. Here's the story:

A friend of mine was over and we were trying to come up with some ideas for a new song, No real luck. He was monkeying around on my old Juno 106(Long Dead) and I had my old C64 running and he laid done this goofy little upbeat couple of bars. He goes home. I had a couple of drinks and was listening to it, then I hit quantitize....Damn...went from quaint and silly to creepy. I loved it. I was off and running. Wrote the lyrics in about 15 minutes. Revoiced it then laid done a bass track, then programmed the drums. Over the next couple of days I sang a guide vocal, laid down all the guitars and several more keyboard fills. By the time he got back over the next week...He said.."Hell it's done!". I insisted he lay down a couple of creepy keyboard solos in spots I'd left for them. It's really a zombie love song. About a guy that gets killed in a car wreck, but his girl survives...He just thinks he's messed up but doesn't realize he's dead...And he's a little hacked she won;t aknowledge his presence.

It's on the top of my soundcloud listings...Just posted it.

If this ain't weird enough for ya I don't know what is.

That's great!

Love the weird instrumentation and sinister vocals :)

• Members
Pretty deep

Here are the words so you can sing along to it :)

Can you imagine life on your own

Can you imagine life all alone

It'll make you cry, it'll make you sigh

It'll keep you asking why

Can you imagine life by yourself

Can you imagine nobody else

In the dead of night, what a sorry sight

But you just don't have the stomach to fight

Can you imagine, oh can you just imagine

Can you imagine life all around

Can you imagine infinite sound

When the morning glow finds you all alone

And the seeds of your future are sown

Living easy, why can't it be like it should be

Living easy, why can't life be as it could be

Can it ever be, can you never see

Very nice lyrics.

• Moderators

I'll play. :thu:

Back in the 80's I entered a regional songwriting contest. I was really proud of the tune I entered, thought it might have a chance, and got very excited when I was told it was in the top three finalists in the rock category. I was invited to the awards ceremony where "celebrity" judges would make the final decisions while I sat on stage at a table with the other finalists. As you can probably guess, my masterpiece didn't win. Instead, a really poorly written, badly sung song full of cliche'd lyrics did - in MY opinion of course!

You might guess that I'm about to link you to THAT song but that would be less interesting. Instead, I'm going to link you to the song I wrote, played, and recorded for next year's contest which was INTENTIONALLY terrible, similar in nature to the song that beat mine the year before, similarly filled with trite, cliche lyrics, harmony screaming before the solo, etc. because that's just how bad a sport I was. I told my friends that THIS piece of crap must be exactly what the contest committee likes given the results last year.

Guess what, it won. Without further ado, here is "Sharon."

http://www.mrknobs.com/music/Sharon.mp3

Terry D.

P.S. Joke was on me, though. First prize was a bunch of hours of recording time at my competitor's studio in town. :facepalm:

Archived