if I knew all those threads on fame, failure, and music were going to disappear, I would've been a lot more forthcoming

Goober(s)

• Members

After much consideration over its appropriateness, I posted my sordid tales of of debauchery here. I discussed my deepest, darkest fears, ones I had only shared with my therapists. I described numerous affairs I've had with people on this forum in salacious detail. I revealed which famous celebrity I had been before my plastic surgery and my participation in the Federal Witness Protection Program.

These details were posted, I thought, for all to see.

But just forty seconds later....

POOF.

It was no more.

I don't think I shall ever find the courage to ever write about these things again. But it did feel good to finally tell you all about it, if only for forty seconds, and for that, I thank you.

• Members
After much consideration over its appropriateness, I posted my sordid tales of of debauchery here. I discussed my deepest, darkest fears, ones I had only shared with my therapists. I described numerous affairs I've had with people on this forum in salacious detail. I revealed which famous celebrity I had been before my plastic surgery and my participation in the Federal Witness Protection Program.

These details were posted, I thought, for all to see.

But just forty seconds later....

POOF.

It was no more.

I don't think I shall ever find the courage to ever write about these things again. But it did feel good to finally tell you all about it, if only for forty seconds, and for that, I thank you.

Think of it as catharsis - - all that stuff you put up there got sent to the cosmic bit-bucket, and need trouble you no longer.

• Members

To be completely honest, it was the first time in a long time that this forum was resonating with me. After the multiple re-designs of HC, we lost many members and honestly, I was getting disgusted with it too so I logged off for a while then we started to discuss some topics that got my interest. Then they were suddenly gone…. oh well… such is youth.

• Members
To be completely honest' date=' it was the first time in a long time that this forum was resonating with me. After the multiple re-designs of HC, we lost many members and honestly, I was getting disgusted with it too so I logged off for a while then we started to discuss some topics that got my interest. Then they were suddenly gone…. oh well… such is youth. [/quote']

Once again, guys, I'm terribly sorry.

If I could go back and rewrite your posts for you, I would.

• Members

Since you posted in the thread where I explained my mistake that caused the deletion of the front page of then-most-recent posts, I would have thought maybe you'd actually read the initial post where I explained the problem.

From this thread: http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...n-recent-posts

There was apparent human error on the part of a moderator (that would be yours truly) cleaning up spam topics that, unfortunately, seems to have resulted in the deletion of all the topics then currently on the first page of this forum.

My deep and sincere apologies to those affected. I'm working behind the scenes to see if there's a way this material can be restored. Unfortunately, at this time, that does not appear to be possible.

I tried to resign a while back... this isn't really the way I wanted to go out... but maybe this time they'll let me go... facepalm_zps8d0d1669.gif

AGAIN, my sincere apologies to those affected!

I've made my apologies. They were sincere. I was very embarrassed.

Obviously, some folks can't get over it.

Since I no longer participate here, that's of little consequence to me.

But I did want to set the record straight. Aside from 3 first-time-full-on spam posts that were intended for deletion, deletion of the rest of the posts was a genuine, honest mistake.

• Members

Thanks, Ken. I guess I sort of asked for something like that with what I wrote just above. wink_zpsa9897a65.gif

I'll use this response to you as a way of addressing my other friends here on HC, as well. I hope that's OK.

I appreciate your kind thoughts -- and definitely appreciated the generally charitable 'hard time' many of my friends here gave me -- it was well-warranted, expected, and genuinely welcomed in that lets-take-our-lumps-and-get-on-with-it sort of way.

Others were perhaps less good natured and, even after a number of very sincere apologies, unforgiving. So be it.

At any rate, I'll see my friends on FB and elsewhere. And I'll be there to back up our good friend Lee Knight in the songwriting forum if he needs me. (I tendered my 'resignation' -- this is an unpaid job, of course -- immediately after my mistake, but they asked me to stay. And I'm happy to back up Lee. wink_zpsa9897a65.gif )

• Members
Thanks' date=' Ken. I guess I sort of asked for something like that with what I wrote just above. [img']http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/KS2Problema/wink_zpsa9897a65.gif[/img]

I'll use this response to you as a way of addressing my other friends here on HC, as well. I hope that's OK.

I appreciate your kind thoughts -- and definitely appreciated the generally charitable 'hard time' many of my friends here gave me -- it was well-warranted, expected, and genuinely welcomed in that lets-take-our-lumps-and-get-on-with-it sort of way.

Others were perhaps less good natured and, even after a number of very sincere apologies, unforgiving. So be it.

At any rate, I'll see my friends on FB and elsewhere. And I'll be there to back up our good friend Lee Knight in the songwriting forum if he needs me. (I tendered my 'resignation' -- this is an unpaid job, of course -- immediately after my mistake, but they asked me to stay. And I'm happy to back up Lee. wink_zpsa9897a65.gif )

umm... fwiw... I'm joking... tongue in cheek bro. :wave:

although, I guess if I did know the threads were going away I actually would've been more forthcoming! I could say anything I want, and then POOF, it's gone! :staticphil:

however, having just read your responses in this thread, I'd say take a chill pill and return. Honestly, losing those threads is NO BIG DEAL. no one really cares. having you as a poster here is more important than a couple more naval-gazing threads. :whisper:

• Members
Thanks' date=' Ken. I guess I sort of asked for something like that with what I wrote just above. [img']http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/KS2Problema/wink_zpsa9897a65.gif[/img]

If you realized how many times I f**ked things up....

It's a few threads, that's all. The fabric of the universe ain't gonna unravel.

If anybody really gets that pissed over an honest mistake, well, that says far more about them than it says about anything else.

• Members

You know...I think he would be alright in a foxhole when bombs are exploding all around. Seems intelligent, seems to have good sense, has a sense of humor. It'd be alright.

And if he weren't, well, he's on the internet, so I guess I could just close the browser.

Archived