Prism Sound Lyra 1 Review

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

After bugging Prism for more than a year to get one of their interfaces to review, they finally sent me a Lyra 1. It's a really high end USB audio interface, too expensive for the penniless desktop studio singer-songwriter, but putting it through its paces was a good opportunity for me to see how the other 1 percent lives.

The usual Mike Rivers Too Detailed Review is now available for your enjoyment and education in the Product Reviews section of my web page.

If you just can't wait, you can go directly to it here.

• CMS Author
Neat' date=' but the lack of a second mic input would be a dealkiller to me at any price point.[/quote']

Honestly, I kind of felt the same way too. There are a number of interfaces with one mic input, but they're intended for (in good hands) good quality desktop studio work, and are priced accordingly. If money is no object, get a Lyra 2. It's only $900 more than the Lyra 1. Prism tells me that the 2 is more popular, probably for this very reason, plus the fact that it can be expanded to 8 more inputs through the ADAT optical input with an outboard A/D converter - though a converter with mic preamps to match the Lyra won't be cheap.

Archived