Who's got Twitter?

davie

• Moderators

Hi Everyone,

Any of you got a Twitter musician's page? I was thinking we can build a network of friends, support each other, increase our followings as well as increasing exposure for Harmony Central.

• Tweet to me with the hashtag #harmonycentral, and then follow me. If you do so, I will follow you back.
  • You can also post a link to your twitter page in this thread. So if anyone follows you and tweets #harmonycentral to you, then you follow them back.
  • Also, post a link to your Soundcloud here. If you follow me, then I will follow you back. Do the same for everyone who posts.

PS. My Twitter and Soundcloud links are in my signature.

Let's stay connected!

• Moderators

That's understandable. Some people don't realize the distinctions between Facebook and Twitter. They are NOT the same and each should be used differently from one another. Facebook pages are more about providing content to current subscribers and tends to be more of a fan homepage. Whereas Twitter has greater potential for new content discovery and network between fans as well as peers, fellow artists, etc. You have the potential to build a connection with other users through content sharing. Also, if you tweet about a topic, any user on Twitter who is also interested in that topic can find your page, via hashtags and keyword search results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I know a lot of people get a lot of really good use out of it, so I'm not going to disparage it.

I'm just not one of those people who gets anything out of it.

I love my general experience on Facebook, interacting with all sorts of fantastic photographers and musicians, learning a lot, sharing photos, meeting up for night sky photography shoots, organizing photography workshops, and everything else. It's really really positive, active, fascinating, and fun.

But Twitter? I haven't put the time into it. But I don't feel motivated to do so! :D:idk:

• Moderators

I think I might be putting a bit too much time into learning "the twitter" lately. Anyway, it's mainly about establishing an online presence and for people to know that you exist. I know you can build your own website or Facebook fan page or whatever, but I feel that Twitter is a good starting point. Youtube is also a big one. I don't have much content at the moment, because its a work in progress, but once I do, I plan on expanding myself on other platforms. I have put a lot of thought into these things. If you want to be more serious then I think there are certain aspects that you can't afford to overlook.

• Members

Instagram seems to be the new Facebook, and I'm not sure what Snapchat is...I don't know that it's the new anything except maybe the new thing people want to use that doesn't have grandma on it. :D

The groups are largely what lure me in to Facebook, as I make a lot of contacts and friends, learn a lot, see a lot of photos, and have a lot of fun. I've made a lot of friends on there, and since I'm really happy with that, I'll just keep on keeping on.

• 1 month later...

Archived