A Little Plug For Ernest Buckley

Mark L

• Members

I' don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but you write really good songs.

I like the treatment a lot, too...kind of a late night, after a few drinks at a nice bar kind of vibe...I can imagine someone putting on one of Dido's CDs afterward.

Hey a question - are you finding non-copyrighted images or are you paying for the rights? Also, given that you said it was a little plug for Ernest, would that be RCA phono or minijack?

• Members
I' don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but you write really good songs.

I like the treatment a lot, too...kind of a late night, after a few drinks at a nice bar kind of vibe...I can imagine someone putting on one of Dido's CDs afterward.

Hey a question - are you finding non-copyrighted images or are you paying for the rights? Also, given that you said it was a little plug for Ernest, would that be RCA phono or minijack?

You have mentioned that before and I'm very flattered that you think so :)

I browse Google Images for suitable...er...images to accompany the words to my songs. I've no idea if they're copyrighted or not. If I end up in prison and have my assets seized, I'll know they probably are...

As for the plug, there's a third option. Begins with 'b' and ends in 't', but(!) not, I suspect, suitable for this forum ;)

• Members

I gave it listen on Facebook, and was very impressed. Ernest has got some pipies (Even if he did vote for Obama) and Marky you've got a natural feel for what works... very musical... very listenable. You will go far! Just keep at it!

• Members
I gave it listen on Facebook' date=' and was very impressed. Ernest has got some pipies (Even if he did vote for Obama) and Marky you've got a natural feel for what works... very musical... very listenable. You will go far! Just keep at it![/quote']

Cheers, mate! :)

• Members

Thanks for the kind words people. As I mentioned in a previous thread concerning this tune, it was a lot of fun.

Listening back to this song, now a year later… I`m still really happy with the production but there`s always that part of me that wants to go back and tweak things…. I may re-do the lead vocals… in August….

I`m grateful that Mark was so open to my interpretation of this song of longing and distance.

• Members

I really do like your version, Ernest

My original 'version' is really a demo. The way you did it is the way I envisaged it being done, but I'm not a competent enough musician to have done it that way myself

By the way, I sent you £5 in the post. Did you ever receive it? ;)

Archived