Signed Up For Gearfest

• Members

I've always wanted to go but never have for some reason. It's probably an 8 or 9 hour drive but I'm planning to ride the hog if the weather cooperates. Will I see you there?

I'm gonna learn how to make amp sims sound totally fab!

• Members
This is the Sweetwater thing' date=' right? I've never been to one. Indiana is a little bit of a drive from California. But please lettuce know how it goes and what you think of it![/quote']

Yes the Sweetwater thing. It's highly rated, like Sturgis for musicians.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The fest was lots of fun, as usual. This makes my third or fourth one, but I live only two hours away.

I especially enjoyed the "Making Amp Sims Sound Fabulous" workshop. That is, until about halfway through when I got an emergency call* requiring me to leave. angry02

Any chance, Mr. A, that one could find that presentation helpfully posted about the web somewhere? I'd love to hear the rest of it.

*It was from my son, who needed some dough for a 'once in a lifetime deal' on a used bass cab in the flea market tent. The seller was packing out right now & said "If I don't have to carry it away tonight, I'll knock off fifty more bucks..."

• Members

I especially enjoyed the "Making Amp Sims Sound Fabulous" workshop. That is, until about halfway through when I got an emergency call* requiring me to leave. angry02

Any chance, Mr. A, that one could find that presentation helpfully posted about the web somewhere? I'd love to hear the rest of it.

I also was present at that seminar and at the end Craig mentioned making the accompanying PDF file available perhaps on this forum. Also another advantage of having stayed until the end I was fortunate enough to have a photo taken with Mr. Anderton!

fetch?filedataid=101337

• Members

I also was present at that seminar and at the end Craig mentioned making the accompanying PDF file available perhaps on this forum. Also another advantage of having stayed until the end I was fortunate enough to have a photo taken with Mr. Anderton!

I thought you were letting me take a photo with you :) Either way, thanks for attending the seminar and especially for introducing yourself.

Plink Floyd, I'm really sorry you missed the multiband part because I thought that was the most important part, and the PDF doesn't include the cool tricks like putting different delays in the different bands...on well.

Anyway, here's a link to the PDF - but it expires in 7 days, so grab it while you can. Thanks again for coming to the seminar!

https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUcxUXVnT01ubVhLd01UQw

• Members

I thought you were letting me take a photo with you :) Either way, thanks for attending the seminar and especially for introducing yourself.

I really enjoyed the seminar, like the numerous articles you've authored it was well presented and very informative, however, the live presentation gave it that extra special kick!

Archived