Big Night Tonight!

Mark L

• Members

My band has its maiden gig

At The Cavern, Liverpool, as part of The International Pop Overthrow Festival :)

I just hope it runs smoothly, and there aren't any Spinal Tap moments...

I'm filming it

• Members
teh limo's prolly stuck in traffic...

This is true. Plus, I was accosted by a gaggle of screaming teenage girls who lured me back to their student digs :(

Anyway.....the gig went very well. I filmed it and will upload the results as soon as I have taught myself how to edit video. I may be some time....

• Members
Here's the vid. Forgive my editing (if you make it to the end). Windows Live Movie Maker will not let me do video fade-outs :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUdkEBVBxz8

congrats on getting the band together and pulling this off.

as you know, I think you're uber-talented, and I love your songs.

However, these guys are playing your songs like they're background music. they sound lethargic and your songs are full of energy! Where's the energy?

the singer is like la-di-da...

{censored} THAT!

your songs should be played as foreground not background!

YOU should sing them!!!

• Members

congrats on getting the band together and pulling this off.

as you know, I think you're uber-talented, and I love your songs.

However, these guys are playing your songs like they're background music. they sound lethargic and your songs are full of energy! Where's the energy?

the singer is like la-di-da...

**************** THAT!

your songs should be played as foreground not background!

YOU should sing them!!!

By all accounts, the first slot at The Cavern Club was excellent. The band were happy with what they called a much more organised set-up (the sound guy at The Cavern Pub was inattentive), and David Bash, the festival organiser, apparently said that 'Mark would be proud of you'. But that set wasn't filmed...

As for me singing live - not gonna happen

• Members
You have a good sense of structure and the songs come off well. I'd like to hear them in a studio with a focused engineer on the board.

Mark is a brilliant songwriter. I've done several of his songs in the studio with what I thnk is a focused engineer on the board (that would be me)

[video=youtube;8o-ZTb2yb4g]

Archived