Hey, gang, I've got a gig!

• Members

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have a gig for a few weeks. I'll be playing piano and singing at a nice restaurant called SPEISEN EUROPEAN CUISINE, in San Antonio, TX. Love to have you join me if you're in the area. It's a real mellow gig, I just play and sing at a mellow volume, no fireworks or histrionics, my fave popular tunes from WWII, the 50's and 60's. The food here is to die for scrumptious. Full bar. Come join me!

ras

fetch?id=31151477

• Members

Thanks, guys. The room is not huge, so i have to keep volume down to a moderate level. I'm singing all these old Tin Pan Alley, Brill Bldg, theater and 60's Folk numbers. Lately I have been listening to a lot of modern Ambient music online. So, combining the two ideas, I am singing the traditional American songbook... but singing all the songs very slowly, with lots of long-sustained, meditative notes. Trying to hypnotize my listeners. (No, I'm not kidding here! I'm literally trying to lower my audience into the Lower Alpha brainwave frequencies, like Ambient attempts to do, but using Midcentury songhits to do it.)

At worst, I suppose I might be accused of sounding like THIS:

Archived