Help - Does anyone remember this post?

Anderton

• Members

Several years ago, Mike Rivers did a post about how software too complicated. I came up with a custom Sonar 8 layout that basically looked like an ADAT, with 8 channels, a transport, solo/record/mute, and not much else. I'm trying to find it. Does anyone remember this, or the date around which it was posted?

• CMS Author
Several years ago, Mike Rivers did a post about how software too complicated. I came up with a custom Sonar 8 layout that basically looked like an ADAT, with 8 channels, a transport, solo/record/mute, and not much else. I'm trying to find it. Does anyone remember this, or the date around which it was posted?

I remember that post. I was trying to make Acid work like a real console and that's when I brought up the issue of being overly complicated for starters, and that it was complicated, if possible at all, to make it look and work simpler. You showed a fairly straightforward layout that you did with Sonar, however I was trying to review Acid at the time so it wasn't much help other than to suggest a capability of a different program.

It would probably have been in the 3-4 year ago range.

Archived