Noob Question

Mark L

• Members

I've come into a bit of unexpected money, which means I can afford a new laptop purely for recording

I currently have PreSonus Studio One installed on my laptop

My question is this: Can I transfer Studio One from my present laptop to the new one, or would I have to get hold of a new version for the new laptop?

• CMS Author
I've come into a bit of unexpected money, which means I can afford a new laptop purely for recording

Are you sure you wouldn't get more bang for your unexpected money by doing some acoustic treatment in your room, or getting a better microphone, or better monitors?

I currently have PreSonus Studio One installed on my laptop

My question is this: Can I transfer Studio One from my present laptop to the new one, or would I have to get hold of a new version for the new laptop?

As I recall, you're allowed three installations. You have an on-line account which allows you to manage your installations. You can un-authorize it for your old computer and authorize it for your new one, or you can have it installed and running on both computers. But you do need to go on-line in order to authorize the new installation. If you have too many installs, it'll tell you to delete one or go pound sand.

PreSonus Tech Support should be able to guide you through it if you have problems.

Archived