I'm Guilty! Updates per the SSS Prod Squad.

• Members

A Pure Pop Pleasure Lee! Immaculate production values, great playing, singing. great lyrics! It's a gem!

The only couple of things I'd like would be, Lose the piano stuff, period, the kind of solo piano earlier in the song sounds kind of out of place to me. This is a guitar driven treasure, and at the end of the song, the piano just gets things a bit too busy. The song is really tight there and it just doesn't need the keys. And bring the solo guitar forward man! Gimme some mo' volume on that cool stuff back there!!

IMHO...It's still a better song than anything I've ever done, you continue to amaze!

• Members

Thoroughly enjoyable. :)

Agreed about the piano at the end, it's just not necessary.

If I was doing the mix I'd add a bit more variety, but that's the way I roll...I can't help but apply DJ thinking these days.

Would love to hear more from you. And hey, this SS Prod Squad is pretty cool, eh? Certainly raised my stuff up a notch (or two :).

• Members

Yes this SS Prod squad is VERY cool! I'm havin' a blast listening to you folks stuff! And honored to be able to talk about with yall!

You know Craig I still have a working direct box I built from "Electronic Projects for Muscians". Never built the four channel fuzz though...You taught me how to use my HR-16, and my digital delays as well. Your books and the many of your columns I clipped from various mags are like the Dead Sea scrolls are to clerics. Except you're still with us thank the Gods!

The bit of conversation we've had here is a bit like having a conversation with Buddha for me. Except I'm not Buddist...

• Members

Oh great now I'm going to have this tune bouncing around in my head all week again ! :D

Seriously, to me the mark of a great pop record is one that has a strong hook and this song has a great one.

It's melodic, very catchy, well crafted and the vocal performance fits perfectly.

I can only listen to it once right now but I personally like the piano at the end and think the lead guitar might be a little much. Of course I'm used to the other version so I need to hear it a few more times and let it sink in. Everybody on this forum is into music and we all have different tastes, but in the end it's you that needs to make the final mix decisions. The vibe is there though. The guitars, the beat, lyrics and melody all scream hit record to me.

• Moderators

Thanks Folder! Kelly Clarkson! Didja hear him! Hit! Change some lyrics and call it a cowrite... Please???😀 like... Um... Four eyed boy! That's it! I need college money ASAP! Thanks again Mr Folder! As always... Critiques are welcome

Archived