Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI: Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out Here?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this and let me know what you think but most of all ENJOY!

www.soundclick.com/YCB
    www.myspace.com/yacababy
    www.funkmanagementuk.com

Comment

Here's the last ditty I completed a couple of months back:

Learmont

http://www.myspace.com/nursers

The Metaverse Journal

Comment

Hey Craig!

Welcome to H.C.!

If we are indeed posting in this thread, then.........

Here are some random selections:

[SIZE=1]ORIGINAL FUSION (from my C.D.
        My Orchestral Compositions and Film/Production Cues

My VARIOUS Guitar-Focused Clips

My ROCK Guitar-Focused Clips

My JAZZ Guitar-Focused Clips

My FUSION CD

Facebook

"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day. That is real freedom." -David Foster Wallace

Comment

Well, you can hear samples of our CDs here at www.dynrec.com/cof or go hear some random stuff at www.rockbeachguitars.com on various guitars. Boggs
          http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Hand built chambered body guitars from exotic woods for the discriminating player...

Comment

Oh, sure... I've got to be the one to follow Scott Jones . Can I swap places with anyone?

Hand built chambered body guitars from exotic woods for the discriminating player...

Comment

Originally posted by Duck King
              Okies

another

I swear I heard those tracks in 'The Lost Boys' movie...

When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will post in Open Jam.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny666

I swear I heard those tracks in 'The Lost Boys' movie...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo

I took me forever to down load it on a phone line, but TIP, I liked it a lot, keep up the good work.

I can imagine it took a while to download..thanks for giving it a listen, I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the words of encouragment.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't remember if I posted in the old thread at MP, but since I'm new at HC I'll put up this link - http://home.earthlink.net/~digitmus/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/IfICant.mp3 - this is me and my buddies at our Tuesday night jam, which has been going on a semi-regular basis since before the hurricane hit us last summer. I hope some of you enjoy it.

Scott

Comment

No one seems to want to comment on these on the Songwriting forum, so I'll try here...

Been trying to pluck up the courage to post these for a week or two... I'd like to know whether they're actually any good at all, or whether it's just me and the singer/rhythm guitarist that think they're cool in a self-indulgent way. Of course, first and foremost, making music is for yourself, but I don't want to try and gig on stuff that everyone else thinks is utter ****************e...

Anyway, to the songs -

They were just recorded on my laptop microphone, so the quality is ****************e, and they were done in a hurry so to say the least, they're rough, but try and look past that if it's possible. It also might be helpful to say that we're trying to recruit other band members off the back of these at the moment, so if you were a bassist or a drummer, would you want to join our band?

Anyway, to the songs properly this time -

Raccroche La Passante - http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000156933_000029106.mp3

Kenneth Williams - http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000156933_000029105.mp3

Vae Victus - http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000156933_000029104.mp3

Any feedback and/or (constructive) criticism is appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Stylewise, I really don't think I really belong this thread.

This link is temporary and be nice!
                        This is more to share, than for opinions

A Different View - The Perky Hateful Remix

Somewhere in the SSS forum I mentioned using "found sounds" in my songs, this song begins with me sharpening a knife... and mutating it a little.

bigchris - your links didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by warped666

bigchris - your links didn't work for me.

Oops, must've got messed up during the pasting.. fixed now though!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton
                            This was always one of the most popular threads on SSS. But I'm trying to come up with a new approach and I'm going to hold off on re-starting the IYMAGFOH thread until I see whether the new approach is feasible or not.

I think there's a much better way of saying this.

#1 Is your music any good sounds kind of pretentious IMO.

#2 There are a bunch of lamesasses here who's ears are so full of their own **************** that they would say the chorus of the Angels in Heaven sounded like trash.

#3 Good is a subjective term. What if a bunch of lame old Jurasic rock buttheads decide to make this their rag on every kid out there in a punk garage band outlet? Also, I grew up on and love Jurasic rock (Page, Hendrix, Iommi, Barre, Townshed, Gilmour, Buckingham are among my favorite all time guitarists and the bands they were in are classics), but I think it's ridiculous to say that nothing after 1985 is valid music unless it rehashes the same old formula over and over

Maybe multiple stickies such as...

#1 Tips/Advice on the production of my/our clips please

#2 Tips/Advice on the structure of song in my/our clips please

#3 Tips/Advice on tone of individual instruments in my/our clips please

etc... take suggestions from people here as it develops and as a need, desire is seen for more threads

Or maybe you could make individual stickies for different styles (punk, emo, soft rock, hard rock, metal, rockibilly etc..., letting all know full well that if they come in and start a rag-fest their posts won't see the end of the day. While I know many of these dweebs get off on giving others ****************e, most will not want to spend their time typing away if they know it might be gone in 5 mins.
                            Also, I would moderate these posts more heavily then the majority of posts here, making sure that dweebs don't come in here just to vent their hostility on someone else because *gasp* "they play music I don't like", as so often happens on clips that are asking for objectivity and assistance.

I am saying this because these forums are being Advertised as a place to come for objectivity, consideration, and professionalism, in contrast to the 4 alarm fires that the other forums here can become on occasion. Putting "Is your musicc any Good in a thread title is asking for some asshat to come in and tell someone whose song is perfectly fine, produced well, and performed well that they suck, just because they are punk, emo, hardcore, country, progressive, etc...

I can hear the the frickin Yinghey fanclub on here now saying ahhh, your music sucks, play "Flight of the Bumblebutt", now that real music (see even those of us who believe they are open-minded are not above cliched, senseless ragging).

Just my 2 cents.
                            Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Originally posted by bigchris
                              No one seems to want to comment on these on the Songwriting forum, so I'll try here...

Been trying to pluck up the courage to post these for a week or two... I'd like to know whether they're actually any good at all, or whether it's just me and the singer/rhythm guitarist that think they're cool in a self-indulgent way. Of course, first and foremost, making music is for yourself, but I don't want to try and gig on stuff that everyone else thinks is utter ****************e...

Anyway, to the songs -

They were just recorded on my laptop microphone, so the quality is ****************e, and they were done in a hurry so to say the least, they're rough, but try and look past that if it's possible. It also might be helpful to say that we're trying to recruit other band members off the back of these at the moment, so if you were a bassist or a drummer, would you want to join our band?

Anyway, to the songs properly this time -

Raccroche La Passante - http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000156933_000029106.mp3

Kenneth Williams - http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000156933_000029105.mp3

Vae Victus - http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000156933_000029104.mp3

Any feedback and/or (constructive) criticism is appreciated! Thanks!

Bigchris,

Instrumental parts are really good and fit the genre very well. Vocals are a bit inconsistent. There are times they are spot on, but other times where they get a bit carried away and lose pitch a bit too much. They should be raw for this style, but should exhibit a bit more control. Overall, really good stuff (in the genre which is admittedly not really my thing), but I see no reason why somebody wouldn't want to complete a band with bass and percussion. Boggs

Comment

Is My Music Any Good?

No, i sux0r

No links foh you!
                                __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

It's funny how nowadays the only decent metal around is the theme music for a cartoon that makes fun of metal bands.

Comment

Working...
                                X