So what's the difference between SSS and OJ, anyway?

Anderton

• Members

While they're both open topic, there are some definite differences. SSS has traditionally had longer threads and less "front page turnover." It's also moderated (hi there!), which means I tend to keep things on topic as much as possible. It's very much about dialog as opposed to statements. Of course OJ has dialog too, but I gently push SSS in that direction.

The analogy I like to give about the new forums here is that it's like your cable provider adding more stations. They're a little more specialized, but the ultimate result is HC enthusiasts now have more choices than ever...and that's a good thing!

• Members
Originally posted by Crustycabs

If you had asked me this question a year ago, I would have said the answer was simple.....

OJ has more poo.

Unfortunately, the poo is no longer welcome there.

:(

Awww........ poor little poo........:(

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

While they're both open topic, there are some definite differences. SSS has traditionally had longer threads and less "front page turnover." It's also moderated (hi there!), which means I tend to keep things on topic as much as possible. It's very much about dialog as opposed to statements. Of course OJ has dialog too, but I gently push SSS in that direction.

The analogy I like to give about the new forums here is that it's like your cable provider adding more stations. They're a little more specialized, but the ultimate result is HC enthusiasts now have more choices than ever...and that's a good thing!

The analogy I like is a shiny new strip mall and a seedy

bum and urine filled dark alley .

• Members

I'll toast to that. Let the new era begin.

So this is our new digs huh?

• Moderators

I can't believe nobody has gone here yet:

Johnny Cochran was duck hunting recently, when he attempted to cross a fence into a field to retrieve a duck he had shot. A farmer suddenly pulled up in his pickup truck, jumped out, and asked Cochran what he was doing on his property.

"Retrieving this duck that I just shot", he replied. The farmer replied, "The duck is on my side of the fence, so now it's mine."

Cochran then asked the farmer if he recognized who he was talking to. "No", replied the farmer, "I don't know, and I don't care."

Does the name O.J. Simpson mean anything to you?" asked Cochran.

"Yup" said the farmer, "I seen him on TV in that court case."

"I am Johnny Cochran from Los Angeles", came the reply. "I am the lawyer that got O.J. Simpson off. I'm the reason he is a free man today. And if you don't let me get that duck, I will sue you on the basis of racial prejudice and take your farm, your truck, and everything else you own. I'll leave you penniless on the street."

"Well," said the farmer, "We ain't in Los Angeles. Here in the country the law we go by is the 3 kicks law."

"Never heard of it," said Cochran.

The farmer said, "I get to kick you 3 times. Then if you get back up on your feet, and are able to kick me back 3 times, that duck is yours."

Cochran, always looking for a challenge to show his superiority, thought this over. He grew up in a tough neighborhood and figured he could take on and easily out do this old farmer. "OK", said Cochran, "Fair enough."

So right off the farmer kicked Johnny violently in the groin. As he doubled over, the farmer kicked him squarely in the face. Then when he hit the ground, he kicked him hard in the side, breaking a couple of ribs.

After long minutes, and several failed attempts, Cochran slowly made it back to his feet. Through clenched teeth, he says "Alright, now it's my turn!"

The farmer smiled and said, "Na, forget it. You can have the duck."

Archived