Comment

Rochester Hills.
      "It's all good; except when it's Great."

www.jotown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jotown
        Rochester Hills.
        Shee-it, we ARE close!

Did you enjoy yesterday's dawn thunderstorms?

Comment

That was some very freaky sounding thunder.

I have only heard that kind of thunder a couple of times in my life. I couldn't really tell if it was analog or digital though.

And the worst part is it got some of my muffins wet.

www.jotown.com

Comment

Craig, PLEASE tell me that they're going to have a fast pipe available at your new house and that your phone modem days are over with - PLEASE! I can't bear the thought of you on dialup!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I have only heard that kind of thunder a couple of times in my life. I couldn't really tell if it was analog or digital though.

You don't get that kind of warmth and resonance from digital. No, sir!

Sorry about your muffins

Comment

If'n you Detroit folks have a gathering, let me know. I get up that way from time to time. I'm originally from Port Huron.
                My Space

Comment

Originally posted by Tedster
                  If'n you Detroit folks have a gathering, let me know. I get up that way from time to time. I'm originally from Port Huron.
                  Check

Comment

Port Huron, really?

I do a pretty regular gig in St. Clair. I was up there this weekend for the Port Huron to Mackinac race.

www.jotown.com

Comment

Move down here where I'm at and you'll hear hellacious thunder quite frequently. At least you do up where I'm located; don't know what it's like down in Tedsterville. I live near an area that has a LOT of radio towers that tend to attract lighting; if that has anything to do with it at all. This is the only home that I've lived in where the thunder sounds like sonic booms. It took a while getting used to it and it will still make you jump when it happens.
                      MusicBizBuzz

Experience is the best teacher, even if it's a bad one!!! Ani 2009

Comment

We get a lot of thunder storms in Michigan, but this was a different kind of thunder, it had that long, low, electric, brittle sound. Like a big long cosmic belch.

It sounded pretty cool.

www.jotown.com

Comment

We could use some more thunder...at least some rain. Good grief...everything is drying up. The usual Kansas City summer drought.

Jotown, you play in St. Clair? The only places that used to be there in the old days were the St. Clair Inn (that place used to be a horrible drag to play...the golf shirt and "Please Release Me" crowd) or Burkhart's bar (that was the one on the corner just north of the drawbridge). That was a total cement floor redneck bar.

Ahhh...boat night. The best night in Port Huron. Haven't been up there in awhile for boat night. Were you gigging there? They've changed the names of all the clubs on the river, pretty much. But I've got a lot of gigging buddies in that town.
                          My Space

Comment

Yum Yum. Smells like muffins in here.
                            William F. Turner
                            Songwriter - Composer
                            My Music
                            SSS Member Since December 2000

Sonar - My Other Favorite Forum

Sometimes the truth is rude.
                            Tough sh*t, get used to it.

Comment

Gheez I missed you guys!!! Where were you?? I allmost cried.......
                              Don't Eat The Yellow Snow. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.

Comment

Hey, fancy looking new digs! I do miss the avatars but the regulars seem to be friendly.
                                The only thing I knew how to do was to keep on keeping on.

Comment

Working...
                                X