Anyone using Live 5 yet?

Anderton

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

Just curious...looks cool, and they had a public beta up for a while...

Yes! I think the upgrade is very good indeed but I am still not sold on using it as my only sequencer. DP still gets my vote but for song writing, sound design and "extreme" midi sequencing, I love Live. :D

• Members

I'm still trying to decide if I want to update to Live 5. It is a fun program but when I want to finish a song it starts feeling very limited.

Does anyone use Operator? Is it worth getting for users of FM7?

Robert

• Members

Originally posted by Rabid

I'm still trying to decide if I want to update to Live 5. It is a fun program but when I want to finish a song it starts feeling very limited.

Does anyone use Operator? Is it worth getting for users of FM7?

Robert

I have the upgrade but have not really gotten into it YET.

Robert,

The LIVE! 5 Demo/download/upgrade has a new demo song using only a vocal clip and the rest is Simpler (etc) and Operator.

Kinda impressive at least at first listen.

The old demo song has been improved also (thankfully!)

Edit: What I am saying is that anyone can download the demo which is then upgradable/purchasable (?) . . . and play the new Operator heavy demo song.

Pilgrim

Hello

I should have downloaded/tried LIVE 5 a while ago but I'm not really into Beta-testing stuff. I hate bugs!

I will wait a couple of months to go after the 5 version and its patches.

OPERATOR is a fine synth. It does not sound like FM7 (you can not compare them since OPERATOR is only 4 FM ops) but it's SO tweakeable it rocks. Its seamless integration to LIVE and the automation are fantastic. I feel it kinda "expensive" (go figure

:rolleyes: ) for the sound it delivers, but that's not my main concern.

• Members

Originally posted by Gus Lozada

Hello

I should have downloaded/tried LIVE 5 a while ago but I'm not really into Beta-testing stuff. I hate bugs!

I will wait a couple of months to go after the 5 version and its patches.

OPERATOR is a fine synth. It does not sound like FM7 (you can not compare them since OPERATOR is only 4 FM ops) but it's SO tweakeable it rocks. Its seamless integration to LIVE and the automation are fantastic. I feel it kinda "expensive" (go figure

:rolleyes:
) for the sound it delivers, but that's not my main concern.

Gus, Everybody,

Live5.01 is available NOW (2 days ago). The demo is the same as real, just can't save but has OPERATOR included (Demo).

Ditto on OPERATOR, Gus. . . is available for $99 with Live5.01 upgrade or new. Check Ableton.com.

I did not get Operator and probably will not. . . ($) ;-) Have enough. . .

Pilgrim

Archived