Odd, isn't it....

coyote-1

• Members

that on these forums as well as the ones (MP) vacated by the refugee-moderators, there are NO forums dedicated to:

violin, viola, cello, bass

saxophone, clarinet, oboe

trumpet, trombone, cornet, tuba

flute, piccolo

harp

sitar, dilruba, tabla, veena

etc.

Given MP's desire to line up their forums with their publications this is perhaps understandable. But unless I'm missing something, people who play those other instruments are as much "Music Players" as any of US - and Harmony is Central to their efforts.

Yet if one looks at this site, there are SEVEN different forums devoted to guitar - and not-a-one for any of the instruments listed above!

Just an observation; one could hardly expect the mass market to cater to such fringes as sax & violins.

• Members

Well, I believe you answered your own question.

You just found a huge opening for your services to begin forums for each musical instrument or family, most closely associated with orchestral music.

Can't wait to see how many people show up! (Not being cynical or sarcastic. More power to you, Coyote, for supporting instruments not normally associated with the bulk of pop, country, rock, rap, and other commercial music genres outside orchestras.)

• Members

It's there.... see "etc."?? ;) Besides, banjo's nothing more than a weird guitar so it must be covered in one of those seven guitar forums :D

Originally posted by 60hurts

And where is "banjo" in your list?
:(

Actually (as fantasticsound has correctly observed), IF such forums were added IMO you'd only need a handful - one for strings, one for winds, one for brass, one for 'exotic' instruments. Given that the drum forum on MP only got one or two posts per week at best, I can't see why these instruments ought not get a shot at Forum fame & fortune :D.

Archived