So...explain to me how this is not the same thing as open jam?

• Members

Originally posted by strat0tele

Seriously.... Most of these new forums are duplicates of what this place already has.

They really aren't and aren't gonna be duplicate of each other. Both forums have been developing their personality

and social posture for many years.

Take the time and fully read the first 15 pages of the OJ forum and then take the time and fully read the first 15 pages of the now archived SSS Forum.

They're two completely different beasts.

OJ is what it has developed into over the years and SSS is what it has developed into over many years.

The only thing they have in common is we're neighbors.

Howdy and good luck neighbors. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by WFTurner

The only thing they have in common is we're neighbors.

The virus that is Open Jam will soon spread, kinda like 'Dawn of the Dead'. Then you'll see how 'different' SSS is...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHA!

;)

• Members

Seriously.... Most of these new forums are duplicates of what this place already has.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

The SSS has Craig Anderton as our moderator and mentor. ;)

NUFF SAID!!!

• Members

Originally posted by johnny666

The virus that is Open Jam will soon spread, kinda like 'Dawn of the Dead'. Then you'll see how 'different' SSS is...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHA!

;)

Don't think so, Johnny. That's one reason the SSS is most definitely not open jam.

The SSS spun off the Political Party a few years ago to handle the venom spouted by an unusual number of purely political posts in response to the attacks on 9/11/2001. The vitriol is mostly tolerated there, as with OJ. That won't be tolerated in the SSS.

We didn't arrive here to tell anyone at OJ what to do. That's between OJ's regulars and the powers that be, here at HC. For those who appreciate an open forum with a bit more structure, the SSS provides a home that is intended to be relatively free of the ad hominem attacks, et al that are commonplace at OJ. As W.F. mentioned, they are two entirely different forums in nature, despite what is obviously going to be a lot of overlap in what ends up being discussed.

The beauty of the virtual world is we don't have to stage a coup or take someone else's "ground" to build a different neighborhood right next door. ;)

• Members

Because this place is better and the people here are better even though I hate them all. :D :D

• Members

Originally posted by johnny666

WAHAHAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHA!

;)

First of all you're moniker is ghey!

second of all... STFU

third, nice to meet you.

fourth... can I borrow a dollar?

:(

• Members

I can see the difference, and I'm new to SSS. If it's similar to an existing HC forum, it would be more like Cool Jam than OJ. Not so much like it as to be a duplicate, however.

Though CJ is not moderated (so far), moderation is practiced when it comes to discussion of politics, religion, and scatology - and any disagreements which may arise. It is theoretically a guitar forum but not a strict topic forum, and some of the folks who come around are not mainly guitar players.

There are probably a few geezers over here, as well. CJ is the refuge of a large number of geezers who don't care for the inanity or flame wars endemic to OJ, and who don't need the huge volume of threads to keep us stimulated.

As a HC and CJ regular, I welcome the additions.

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Bucky Goldstein

you guys are weird...

in a strange rainbowy, dolphin, virtual muffin, kind of way

welcome

Backs slowly out the forum and lays down some covering fire
:cool:

This guy gets it. Especially the covering fire. Very important.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by lazaraga

hi i'm nice. you like me. Will i join your club? you like indians and rainbows, and... dolphins, and beautiful music, and new friends?

i'm not too sure!

ok?1

peace

You spelled lasagna wrong.

Archived