Hey, So who's into Podcasts?

gearmike

• Members

Man, Podcasts are great.

With this new gig I have over the summer, I have an hour+ long drive home around midnight every night.

I can only take so much bad music or talk radio about aliens.

Since I started listening to Podcasts I have a much easier time staying awake.

Anyone else downloading out there?

• Members

I sure am, and it rocks. My friend called it "TiVo for your ears", and I'd say that's a good description.

I pick up my iPod when I go on the road, and listen to any type of program material I feel like at that moment. Music, sports, talk, comedy... Podcasting rAwKs.

- Jeff

• Members

Love the idea, haven't found anything I like yet tho, then again I've only tried a couple. Coverville sounds interesting, I'm going to try that one soon. Aliensporebomb, what is your friends about??

There were a few by various MP forumites in production, any update on them??

• Members

Yeah, I've got an iRiver H-120, can't believe they discontinued them, I've yet to see anything that beats it...!

Podcasts are basically radio-style shows in mp3 format so you can load them onto an mp3 player and listen to at your leisure. It's allowing a lot of independent's to produce their own shows. I think for iPods you can use software to subscribe, so it will update with the latest show every time you synch, but you can just d/l the show and load it up. Obviously you don't actually NEED a player to listen, a PC will do the trick too...

• Members

Originally posted by Base

Love the idea, haven't found anything I like yet tho, then again I've only tried a couple. Coverville sounds interesting, I'm going to try that one soon. Aliensporebomb, what is your friends about??

There were a few by various MP forumites in production, any update on them??

The one my friend does is called "Bloodthirsty

Vegetarians" but they talk about a lot of things,

current events, interesting things, they spotlight

some good music (Rich is a recording engineer

by trade) and other unusual things. Some cool

classical guitar and fusion jazz so far.

• Members

I guess I kinda sorta do

Well, besides podcasts billed as "podcasts"

there are always downloadable archives

Studio 360

Spinning on air

alll that kind of stuff - they keep archives of their programs

Don Katz of audible actually built part of that biz model on "time shifting content"

Songrytr, Toxic Potatoe and I have been discussing getting into Podcasting, and Ms Valky has asked me to contribute to some stuff she has planned (yes Valky, I'm interested... you know I can't say no to you ;) ), so I imagine I'll be getting into it RSN.

We''ve thought about doing some stuff with / featuring local artists / bands / songwriters, as well as our own indie label stuff and maybe some "live at Sound Sanctuary Recording" events, and Valky's ideas are right along the lines of some things I was considering doing - studio secrets, methods, etc. I'm looking forward to getting into the whole scene

Archived