Two things I hope don't migrate from SSS to HC

Jotown

• Members

Thing number one is RIP threads. I know people have the best of intention's, but there have been times at SSS when there would be a dozen RIP threads on page one; it was like a frickin' obituary column. When someone of note passes I know that folks want to pay their respects but......... enough.

The other thing is threads that anounce someones post count because........ A.) who cares?, and B.) who cares?.:D

• Members

Actually, I'd kinda like to see 'em do away with post counts over 1,000. And that's not just because I'm new over here...I felt that way at the old board and mentioned it several times.

The way I see it, the only reason for a post count is to be able to tell whether it's a spammer:

"CHECK OUT 'LEARNBLISTERINGLICKS.COM'

(posts: 1)

A n00b...

"I just bought my first guitar!"

(posts: 1)

Or a seasoned member. Once a member has over 1000 posts, or maybe even 500, it should just say "Established Member" or something.

• Members

I don't really mind the RIP threads at all. Hell, this is where I get most of my "news" anyway. More times than not, SSS is where I hear about this kinda stuff first...

The post count threads are kinda ridiculous to me but, luckily for you all, I don't get to decide anything around here...

Archived