Dood, MP has Weasels and Bunnys as moderators...

gearmike

• Members

Originally posted by cozmicslop

How do you prepare it?

If it's fresh, cut the filet into 1cm cubes, and mix with kimchee base (not too much, don't drown it), add some finely cut negi (japanese onion), and serve over sushi rice.

• Members

Originally posted by aclarke

If it's fresh, cut the filet into 1cm cubes, and mix with kimchee base (not too much, don't drown it), add some finely cut negi (japanese onion), and serve over sushi rice.

OOOHHHHHIIIIISSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

No, really, it pretty much tastes like raw chicken.

• Members

Originally posted by Hanshananigan

OOOHHHHHIIIIISSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

No, really, it pretty much tastes like raw chicken.

Yeah, it's not all that flash really. Now, Tuna prepared the same way is a different story.

Actually had chicken sashimi the other night, without realizing it. A bunch of us were out at an izakaya, and people just kept ordering food. Someone said: try this, it's good.... Now i've got bird flu paranoia :(

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff da Weasel

Oh damn, now i'm going to have to have sashimi tonight. You couldn't have spoken about some less tantalizing food, could you? Nooo!

Must have sushi... must have sushi... droool.

- Jeff

...the other man's grass is always greener. I had fresh BBQ unagi for lunch, but I'd have killed for a sub - even a subway sub. :(

I'll fax you a half a salmon if you fax me a salami and capicola sub, extra tomatoes, no mayo...

• Members

Oh damn, now i'm going to have to have sashimi tonight. You couldn't have spoken about some less tantalizing food, could you? Nooo!

Must have sushi... must have sushi... droool.

- Jeff

Okay...stuck in Minneapolis, and you made me have sashimi tonight. I went against all my inner principles and violated the "No Sushi when not on a coast" rule...but, actually, it was pretty damn good....well, for Mid-West sushi. If I survive to see another day, I might actually recommend it.

• Members

Originally posted by aclarke

I'll fax you a half a salmon if you fax me a salami and capicola sub, extra tomatoes, no mayo...

It's true. When I lived in Boston going to Berklee, I would have killed a man for some good Mexican food that I can get just about anywhere here in SoCal.

No good sub shops in Japan, eh? That's a shame. A good sub should be an international experience.

- Jeff

• Members

When I lived in Boston going to Berklee, I would have killed a man for some good Mexican food that I can get just about anywhere here in SoCal.

Sol Azteca (on Beacon Street, right where the C line came up from under ground) wasn't bad at all.

dB

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Bryce

Sol Azteca (on Beacon Street, right where the C line came up from under ground) wasn't bad at all.

Been there, done that.

It's like, I dunno, being from Philly and trying to get a good cheesesteak. One's standards are higher than folks from elsewhere.

Not that you'd know anything about that. ;)

I learned the true meaning of great Mexican food during my time living in San Diego. Mmm, Roberto's carne asada burrito. That's good eats.

- Jeff

• Members

It's true. When I lived in Boston going to Berklee, I would have killed a man for some good Mexican food that I can get just about anywhere here in SoCal.

No good sub shops in Japan, eh? That's a shame. A good sub should be an international experience.

- Jeff

There are good places in Japan to get a sub - unfortunately, they're in the big cities, like Sapporo and Tokyo and Yokohama.

I'm in a small city in a very isolated part of the northern island - I CAN get good Russian food, but really, who the hell craves Russian food after a night of drinking?

Archived