Just want to thank Anderton

• Members

It must have been the '70's when I read a Craig Anderton columm in Guitar Player. It had a schematic on how to wire a Strat so that the bottom tone knob was a volume control for the middle pup. The middle tone knob was a master tone and the top volume knob was a master volume.

You keep the three position switch and with the bottom tone knob (now a volume pot for the middle) completely off your switching works like a Gibson two pup deal. You can get neck and bridge together or all three!

With the middle volume up you can get the normal 2 and 4 position

"out of phase" sounds.

The only thing you miss with this setup is the middle pup alone which is not used too often.

The whole point of this is that I want to thank you Craig. I have used this setup for too many years to mention and it makes an otherwise stock strat even more versitile than normal.

Better and more usefull than a 5 position switch.

• Members

Originally posted by AudioMaverick

Is this available, somewhere? I know someone with a tripple pickup that might want to try it.

The article in Guitar Player is the only place I have ever seen it. It was easy to do since me and my friend did it to my guitar in like 20 minutes.

Perhaps Craig has a schematic he can share. I have long lost that 30 year old issue.

I would have to remove the pickguard to sketch it out.

• Members

Not sure where that schematic is at this point, I probably have the issue of GP somewhere but having just done a move it's a tossup when/if it will appear! If I recall, Dan Armstrong turned me on to that wiring or something similar...jeez, that was a while ago!

Archived