Apple's new multi-button Mouse

• Members

Mintbeetle summed this up perfectly in the KB thread:

Has anyone else noticed that every new Apple product, no matter how inconsequential, is somehow the bee's knees, world-changing, incredible innovation that only Apple could pull off? WOW, A MOUSE WITH LOTS OF BUTTONS! WELCOME TO 1992! AN MP3 PLAYER WITH MEDIOCRE CAPACITY AND NO DISPLAY, BUT YOU CAN WEAR IT AROUND YOUR NECK! THIS NEW DASHBOARD THING IS MIND-BLOWING, AND IT'S NOTHING AT ALL LIKE THE DESKTOP ACCESSORIES THAT FIRST APPEARED ON MACS 21 YEARS AGO!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Crustycabs

What da fuss? Does the presence of choice confuse you?

:D

You mean like 7 different laptops in 2 different models? 4 WITH 16:9 ASPECT RATIO SCREENS?

4 radically different desktop styles, 2 of which are self contained to ease desktop clutter, 2 that allow you to use your choice of monitor, keyboard and mouse.

The top of the line machines come STANDARD with dual processors, PCI-X slots, firewire 800 and 400 ports ...

A stable, smooth OS that comes standard with a photo editor, a video editor, a fully functional DAW/Looping workstation, DVD authoring, kick ass web browser and about a million other features that I won't go into here.

A product line that goes from entry level machines a $500 all the way to power user machines and everything in between.

Yeah, PCs are certainly much more diverse. They have so many more cool little error messages and crashes.

Oh, yeah, gaming software is limited. Playing video games is such a good use of time, how could I not miss all THAT software.

I see what you mean about no choices. :rolleyes:

You know, I've had my Macs for less than 3 months, after being a WINTEL user (and tech and repair instructor and DAW user) since the days of DOS 3.11 and I've not regretted my choice until now. Now, you have made me second guess my choice because the choices in the Mac world are SO limited(I've been using a logictech wheel mouse since the first week I got my Powermac, and it works great in every app, including the app I switched for, MOTU DP).

You are obviously more informed than all of us un-technical and ignorant Mac people. I will be selling my Apple on ebay directly, though I will be missing that gorgeous 20 inch cinema display. :(

• Members

Originally posted by Sylver

You mean like 7 different laptops in 2 different models? 4 WITH 16:9 ASPECT RATIO SCREENS?

4 radically different desktop styles, 2 of which are self contained to ease desktop clutter, 2 that allow you to use your choice of monitor, keyboard and mouse.

The top of the line machines come STANDARD with dual processors, PCI-X slots, firewire 800 and 400 ports ...

A stable, smooth OS that comes standard with a photo editor, a video editor, a fully functional DAW/Looping workstation, DVD authoring, kick ass web browser and about a million other features that I won't go into here.

A product line that goes from entry level machines a $500 all the way to power user machines and everything in between.

Yeah, PCs are certainly much more diverse. They have so many more cool little error messages and crashes.

Oh, yeah, gaming software is limited.
Playing video games is such a good use of time, how could I not miss all THAT software.

I see what you mean about no choices.
:rolleyes:

You know, I've had my
Macs
for less than 3 months, after being a WINTEL user (and tech and repair instructor and DAW user) since the days of DOS 3.11 and I not regretted my choice until now. Now, you have made me second guess my choice because the choices in the Mac world are SO limited(I've been using a logictech wheel mouse since the first week I got my Powermac, and it works great in every app, including the app I switched for, MOTU DP).

You are obviously more informed than all of us un-technical and ignorant Mac people. I will be selling my Apple on ebay directly, though I will be missing that gorgeous 20 inch cinima display.
:(

Just what this forum needed....Another putz with no sense of humor.....

• Members

Oh, real mature, you poopiehead!

Reported.

:mad:

I'm 45. I'll be reaching "maturity" soon enough.

For now, I'd prefer not to act my age. Helps me feel younger.

If you have a problem with that, the admins have graciously provided you with an "ignore" function. I suggest you use it.

• Members

Oh man, and I'm the one without a sense of humor. Do you think I really call people "poopiehead"?

Jeez, you old HC people need to lighten up and learn when people are f'ing with you. :D

You all take things too seriously.

Sure, I was defending Apple, but there was plenty of tongue in cheek in my post.

Oh, and I really didn't report you, though, you DID call me a putz. Though, regrettably, it is probably true. I am also know in some circles a a F***knuckle, but that is generally when I am spouting Apple propaganda. :eek:

XOXOXOXOXO

Sylver

Originally posted by phaeton

People still use a mouse?

I know you're somewhat joking, but I catch flak all the time from some of my engineer friends. Here in LA LA land, many pro engineers use a trackball. I could never get comfortable with those, and I greatly prefer a good Logitech multi-button mouse with a scroll wheel. It gives people yet another thing to mock me over - that, and my choice of a PC for my DAW...
:D

philconfused.gif

You know, I really need to talk to Scott about replacing the current "confused" emoticon with that... and adding this one:

Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

Remember folks, it's all about
me
:eek::p;)Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members

Oh boy...Mac vs. PC again. As a public service, here is the final, definitive post that sums up all aspects of this debate:

When a Windows computer is working, which is more often than not, it's great.

When a Mac computer is working, whicih is more often than not, it's great.

When a Windows computer isn't working, which happens more often than we'd like, it sucks.

When a Mac computer isn't working, which happens more often than we'd like, it sucks.

If you want to use software that runs only on Windows machines, you need a Windows machine.

If you want to use software that runs only on Mac machines, you need a Mac machine.

You're welcome!

• Members

Oh, yeah, gaming software is limited.
Playing video games is such a good use of time, how could I not miss all THAT software.

I see what you mean about no choices.
:rolleyes:

You know, I've had my
Macs
for less than 3 months, after being a WINTEL user (and tech and repair instructor and DAW user) since the days of DOS 3.11 and I've not regretted my choice until now. Now, you have made me second guess my choice because the choices in the Mac world are SO limited(I've been using a logictech wheel mouse since the first week I got my Powermac, and it works great in every app, including the app I switched for, MOTU DP).

You are obviously more informed than all of us un-technical and ignorant Mac people. I will be selling my Apple on ebay directly, though I will be missing that gorgeous 20 inch cinema display.
:(

Well, it took me 5 months to sell my Mac. Dell sells a better version of Apple's 20" LCD BTW. You can get one of those to go with you real computer.

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Originally posted by phaeton

People still use a mouse?

I know you're somewhat joking, but I catch flak all the time from some of my engineer friends. Here in LA LA land, many pro engineers use a trackball. I could never get comfortable with those, and I greatly prefer a good Logitech multi-button mouse with a scroll wheel. It gives people yet another thing to mock me over - that, and my choice of a PC for my DAW...

I like these....

Wacom Pen Tablets

/jim

Archived